Wednesday 28 December 2011

Are you a Bubbble Betty?

Now for something a l'il bit different ...

Meet Bubble Betty ...


Now before you burst out laughing and say 'No Way!', just think about it.

Picture the scene: a horrific downpour of rain, gusty gales, a now defunct umbrella and you've just had your hair done.  What you gonna do?

This is where Bubble Betty can help.  Although I have to say I am still trying to convince myself but here goes ...

Scottish brand Bubble Betty (they know rain only too well) is combining vintage style with weatherproof practicality in a bid to defeat the nasty elements of winter.  Bubble Betty is a classic vintage rain proof bonnet brought up to date in a stylish print - they say it's guaranteed to make your granny proud!

My granny would be proud.

Once you get over the initial 'You cannot be serious ...?' it all starts to make sense.  Why struggle through the sales with all your bags, a hood that won't stay up, a brolly thats blown inside out when you can keep your 'do in tip top shape underneath one of these?

I can just imagine some gorgeous red lipped lovely with pencil skirt and seamed stockings hot footing it through the elements to work perfectly preened under her Bubble Betty.  It's definitely something that would suit the vintage/retro loving gal but I am not so sure I could get away with it in my parka.


You can buy them from the Bubble Betty site for just £6 and they come in their own little tins.  At the moment they come in 4 different prints, leopard print, black and red lace and tattoo print with more to come apparently.

So what do you think?  Are you a Bubble Betty?

x


2 comments:

  1. ...A Great Idea!! Hey!! Rain Boots were revived...why not the Rain Bonnet!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I initially said 'No Way!!!', then thought...what about those days when picking up kids from school, with my bags/shopping, plus the things that they throw at you, making umbrellas useless, and y'know what? I've ordered one - two actually! I'll leave one in the car, and see if I get the nerve to actually wear it :)

    ReplyDelete