Monday 12 December 2011

Back Pain

Ugh, it's hideous, I have suffered from back pain for quite a while now and it is only getting worse.

I have a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck which causes a lot of discomfort but in recent months the pain in my lower back has become unbearable.  Most of my pain is caused from stress tension but my posture is also quite bad contributed mostly by the fact I am quite well endowed up top!  Now, I can't stop the ageing process but I still feel far too young to be dealing with joint and muscular pain like this.

I go for the occasional massage but nothing gives me the sweet relief I am looking for and really the next option is to see a chiropractor.  While I research the best ones to visit however, I needed something to ease my poor muscles and it seems I have found a brilliant solution.

I happened to mention my back pain to the girls at Aromatherapy Associates who quickly recommended their De-Stress range, in particular the Muscle Bath & Shower Oil and the Muscle Gel.  The Gel contains essential oils with a mix of black pepper, ginger and rosemary.

RRP £37

RRP £20


In all honestly, I thought this would just be a case of having a nice, luxurious bath, relieving the ache for half an hour or so before going back to the same old moaning and whining and requiring a billion pillows to prop me up on the couch.  I was so wrong.  So wrong.

I had a lovely warm bath.  No, it was a hot bath, really hot in fact with the De-stress bath oil which smells divine by the way.   I felt no real difference in the bath, it was just relaxing and purifying for the soul to take half an hour out to float away all the stresses of the day.  After my bath, I resisted the temptation to talc up (anyone else still do this? ... I am obsessed with talc - such an 80's child!) ... and instead used the muscle gel on my problem areas - my lower and upper back.  You might need a bit of help doing this.  It's a smooth gel, a little cold to apply but doesn't feel sticky at all, it's really just like applying your moisturiser.

Off to bed I went in nice snuggly jammies and fresh bed linen (ah, what a feeling!) ... next day I got up and my achey back was barely noticeable.  My back is usually at its worst in the office around mid-day but again, I still felt comfortable - it was as if by magic.  I kept waiting for a tinge of heaviness to kick in around my lower back but it never came.

That has been over a week now and I have only used the oil once and the gel a couple of times since but it seems to be doing the trick.  I can't contribute the ease of pain to anything else other than the new products as this has been a constant problem for months now with no relief whatsoever.   I have used various bath salts and massage bars in the past but nothing has made a difference until now.

I plan on keeping this little ritual up on a weekly basis to hopefully keep the pain at bay although for a longer term solution I will still continue my search for a fabulous chiropractor.  I am not sure what it is in these products that have made them so effective, maybe it is just the natural wonders of essential oils like so many people keep telling me and I am forever a cynic?!  One thing's for sure, this is working out for me.

Does anyone else have back cures they swear by?  Any must have products that lifts the ache as if by magic?

x

9 comments:

  1. I have always had back problems but not as severe as the one I'm having now. I have been to the chiropractor a half a dozen times. I have been to the massage therapist a half dozen times. I have had x-rays and blood work done. I have been to my Dr. and all he puts me on is painkillers. I do not want to rely on the meds, but no one can tell me what is bothering me.
    http://www.antianxiety-drugs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic, will definitely have to try these. I suffered damage to my lower back and pelvis during labour (TMI sorry!) and the pain is still with me over 2 years on. My pain relief generally consists of hot baths, many, many pillows and painkillers but I'm willing to give anything a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post gave me lots of giggles.....!! Must discuss more as is defo of interest to me and family members...! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems worth a try, I have had chronic neck pain for around 6 years which isn't helped sitting at a desk all day. Acupuncture and massage have eased it off and it's managable at the moment but I've had terrible coccyx pain for a couple of months without explanation or relief. Will try this as I don't like taking too many painkillers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aroma massage is certainly one way to relieve yourself from back and neck pains. But if your pains persist, you may want to contact a chiropractor Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back pain and shoulder pain are sign of muscle stress and muscle fatigue. Pain killers are often ascribed, but for long term wellness, physical exercise and rehab as well as balm oil are used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get back pains before I get my period, and I get shoulder pain a lot too, I sure hope this could help, it seems like a great alternative to painkillers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be sure to try this especially after a dental operation. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice healthy product you have shared with us, Thank you for making such type information to get relief from pain.

    ReplyDelete