Tuesday 6 December 2011

Outfit of the Night - ROX Gold Moet Christmas Party

Since I posted my ROX party face of the night , I have managed to get a hold of a photo taken on the night that shows my full 'outfit of the night' ... such a naff title for a post really, don't you think?

Anyway, the ROX photographer was working the room and as guided by Toni he ended up taking some pics of a very reluctant not so style fairy!

The photo surprised me as my higglety-pigglety outfit turned out better than I expected.  Having had a complete dress dilemna before the party, I ended up just throwing something together last minute that was more comfort and practical than glam and dolled up although it did have elements of the latter.



I finally decided on my Christopher Kane for Topshop embellished dress which i have had for a while now with some thick black tights to keep me warm in the Scottish baltic weather conditions.  New Look platform booties were still comfortable even after an evening of standing around schmoozing and sipping (read: knocking back) cocktails at the bar.  I accessorised with a chunky silver/diamante chain necklace and bracelet, making sure to keep it as minimal as possible given the dress is heavily embellished.  Finally, a French Connection clutch finished the outfit off ... simply because it was the only black bag I could find as my taxi sat beeping away outside!

I find I can't handle bare legs and shoulders in the cold weather unless I have at least 3 layers to wrap in on my way home, which isn't always easy on a night out.

How do you look glam in the cold weather or are you just braver than me? ;)

x

8 comments:

  1. You look stunning! I am the same, I have to wear tights in winter, we just don't get great weather here at all do we? I don't know how anyone can go without tights in winter! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the clutch. I can do bare legs in winter but only with knee lengths - minis in winter look better with opaques anyway! I was out for dinner on Sat night in the howling wind and a girl showed up wearing a silk summer dress (strappy, short, bare legs) and just a blazer! Which she removed at the table. I was frozen just looking at her, even with my spicy Thai soup! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks so nice! Especially with the clutch - which is absolutely gorgeous. Is it current season? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you ladies, what lovely comments x

    Aneka, it was last season but they have very similar ones in just now - they may even be in the sale x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh kirsten you look incredible and i love the make up. dress is gorgeous. so gutted i didn't see you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your outfit is stunning! Very glam! I don't think I've ever went out in this country with bare legs - fear of the corned beef look I'm afraid.
    My idea of a glam winter look is layers of fake fur and evening gloves x

    ReplyDelete