Sunday 4 December 2011

ROX Face of the night featuring Barry M

Last night I went to the ROX Christmas Party at their boutique store in Argyle Arcade, Glasgow.  It was an exciting night as the amazing Emeli Sandé was going to be perfoming and of course, ROX always put on a fabulously sparkling event.

I had been doing some make up work through the day on a gorgeous party girl so it left me very little time to get myself ready for my own night out.  After the usual 'what to wear' dilemna (I opted for my Topshop Christopher Kane embellished tee dress) and a fluffy hair disaster (it ended up in a ponytail circa 1988) it was time to work on the make up.
The photos don't quite capture the sparkle i'm afraid
Given the festive season is now in full swing and it was Christmas party after all, it was time to bring out the sparkle.  Just this week I had ordered some MAC pigments but they hadn't arrived so I had a root around in my stash and re-discovered some old favourites in the form of Barry M fine glitter dusts which at £4.59 are a far cheaper alternative to MAC pigments but do the job very well indeed.
without flash above, with flash below
A silver grey smokey eye was order of the night with the Barry M glitter dust in Silver giving me an injection of festive bling.

Products used:  Illamasqua Skin Base Shade 7 (not sold on this although it's more of a shade problem); MAC select cover up concealer; Sleek Molten Metal in Silver as an eye base; Estee Lauder Platinum shadow over lid; MAC Carbon worked into crease; MAC Blacktrack; Ardell Demi lashes; Barry M Fine Glitter dust in Silver; Illamasqua blush in unrequited; NARS Laguna; Nude lipstick - not sure of brand; Clinique Fireberry lipgloss

Back to the ROX party.  Just a few things to point out.  First up the amazing Emeli Sandé who is currently supporting Coldplay on their UK tour, gave a flawless performance.  It was a real treat to be a part of such an intimate and exclusive audience and I can guarantee Emeli is going to be MASSIVE.  Emeli is also utterly gorgeous to add to her talents, you can catch a snippet of her performance in a shakey video I took here.



Next is a shout out to the cocktails on offer, all made using Pinky vodka which is a favourite of mine and I always make sure my vodka cupboard is never without it (yup, we have a space dedicated to vodka ... we don't have a problem, honest!).  Pinky vodka is pink, funnily enough, is hand blended using rose petals among other things and is a fabulously sophisticated beverage that works best, in my opinion, in a cocktail.  Vodka connoiseurs should give it a go for something a little bit different.


Thanks to ROX for kicking off my party season ... I will be suitably exhausted by the time 2012 gets here but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Have you kicked off the party season yet? What are your party make up tips?

x

9 comments:

  1. Great fotd and hair. It looks really girly and festive with the silver :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aneka, I think i need more sparkle in my life :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkly smokey eye, and your eyebrows look amazing! Definitely need to dig out the Dazzle Dusts again, they used to be a staple of my makeup routine.
    I've been wanting to try that vodka for ages (we don't have a vodka cupboard...more like a vodka mantlepiece!), will have to put it on the Christmas list.

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work . I like your technique , it looks very mysterious .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely make up, very festive :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always lovely. The pics are just starting to come through now so I'll send a few over for you.Txxx

    ReplyDelete