Tuesday 10 February 2009

Bettie Page rules .....

So, thats me back from my weekend and have come back to read so many blogs about the BBR and cremesheen collections that i really can't be bothered to write too much myself on it - its all been said already.
I picked up the redhead MSF - love it! Lipstick in Blowdry - love it! and the cremesheen gloss partial to pink - hmmm the jury is out on that one!

So tonight I was having a look on my hard drive where i store all my photos and images and came across lots of images I love and had saved for later use.

I love images of women. Glamourous, sexy, iconic women. I am a big fan of Burlesque, Cabaret etc and i love Playboy images especially from the 50s and 60s ... and adore 50s pin ups, my favourite being the infamous Bettie Page. Bettie became famous in the 1950s for her fetish modelling and pin up photos........ most people i speak to have never heard of her but she has become a bit of a cult icon. She was also Playboys playmate of the month in January 1955 i think.... and it seems today she is still influencing our modern day icons, Dita Von Teese for sure! She just looks so amazing and for her time she was taking big risks having a career as a pin up model!

In fact all these images I want to use in my home in some way or another. Would love an oversized playboy cover framed on the wall but so far everyone thinks its a bit batchelor padd-ish!! In fact the picture of Miss May on the zebra print rug inspired me to buy my very own rug .... although i don't lounge around naked on it...yet!! LOL!! only joking - i won't be doing that anytime soon ... too cold for a start lol!
I seem to love anyone with really distinctive looks that stand out in a crowd without looking gawdy. I love the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Diana Dors, Rita Hayworth, Edie Sedgwick, Gia, Blondie, Audrey Hepburn (always on anyways list i think). I think it maybe comes from being a redhead ... you don't really get to blend in to the background so easily.
Nowadays, I am loving people like Lady Gaga, Dita and Lily Cole, Leona Lewis and Britains sweetheart of the moment - Cheryl Cole.


Well now i have had a bit of a ramble i think i will get off to bed - going to spin class tomorrow - all part of the 'Looking Fine in 2009' resolution!!! I had better look like Elle McPherson by the end of the month or else i may just give up!!! lol

xx






1 comment:

  1. Awww I love all the Vintage Pinup artwork! Dita Von Teese just brings all this back to life. Cool post :D

    ReplyDelete