Friday 13 February 2009

Edie Sedgwick - Warhols Superstar

I am not sure what it is about Edie Sedgwick but I am so intrigued about her life. In fact I am probably a bit like this with any 'celeb' who seems to have lived a tragic life or their lives have ended too soon ... e.g, Marilyn Monroe, Edie, Gia, Bettie Page, River Phoenix and so on.

Edie Sedgwick was an American socialite/model who was best known as Andy Warhol's muse during a short time in the 60's. She was often seen at social events and hung out at the Factory with Warhol. She was also the subject of many of his short movies. She was rumoured to have had an affair with Bob Dylan and led a tragic life fuelled with drugs and suffered from aneroxia nervosa. When she died in 1971 the cause of death was ruled as "undetermined/accident/suicide". She was only 28. She was an amazing looking woman with so much potential but with so many hidden demons.

If you have ever seen the movie Factory Girl with Sienna Miller, you will know exactly who i am talking about. Anyway, this is one of my favourite images of Edie Sedgwick with Warhol and Chuck Wein. It was taken by a wonderful photographer named Burt Glinn. I recently try to purchase a reproduction of this for my home about 4 months ago but the asking price was £4,000!!! Hmmm, i think i will just use it as my desktop for now, lol.

Everyone, have a Happy Valentines day tomorrow, whatever you are up to - I'm going to be enjoying my first Valentines as a married lady!!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. She intrigues me very much as well. I very much enjoyed Factory Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love factory girl, andy warhol and sienna miller shes stunning!

    ReplyDelete