Monday 23 February 2009

Chanel Foundations Review

Well calling this a review might be bigging it up a bit too much, its really just a quick overview of the 3 Chanel foundations I have tried or use at the moment. Vita Lumiere is missing from this list but to be honest I am not sure its one i will even try simply because I have heard it gives more of a dewy finish .. and as much as I would love that I tend to find anything that is too dewy just makes me look greasy ... even though i do not suffer from oily skin. So anyway lets move on to the ones I have used

Chanel Pro Lumiere - I have started with this as this is the one I actually purchased (the rest were samples). I bought Pro in cendre/shell but looking back I could have done with purchasing in Clair/Cameo as I am a bit pale at times. However, I have been bronzing this week and the colour is looking absolutely fine. Pro has a lovely rich texture and is neither too thick or runny. I do find however once it is on the skin it can take a bit of working into. So far I have not applied with a brush and finding the application pretty good with just my fingers. So far this is probably the only foundation I have found that gives me a flawless finish with a dewy sheen. It was described to me as medium coverage but not sure I would agree with that i would say it is more full. It is a semi matt foundation but to be honest it does give me quite a dewy finish and that is without the presence of already oily skin so I do feel the need to powder afterwards and for the first few days of wearing it I did have to re-powder quite a lot but now i have managed to work out the right amount of powder in the first place. Apparantly there is a presence of silicone in the formula and has reflectng pigments which really helps give the impression of really smooth surface on the skin. I would definitely recommend this product, even though it can at times seem a bit thick I still use on a daily basis but may start saving to great the flawless effect on glam nights out!

Chanel Matt Lumiere - Ok, so i used a sample of this. A sample lasted me over a week, less is more with this particular foundation. I used it in clair/cameo which was perfect for me. Again I used with my fingers and was so easy to blend and did not require too much effort. Now I have said before that Pro gave a flawless finish but if its possible to be even more flawless then this is the one to do it. To me Matt usually equals dry but there was just the right amount of sheen from this product to keep it looking fresh on my face. I felt i looked really polished using this as my base and was the perfect blank canvas for my face. Where the pro had a dewiness that sometimes required a re-powder, this did not .. it was long lasting and stayed put all day long and looked perfect all day long! I didn't feel overly made up at all but again I may not use this product in Summer as there is a lot of coverage with it. I am definitely going to purchase this foundation and can see it becoming my HG base!

Chanel Teint Innocence - this was another sample and i used it in claire/cameo as per the Matt Lumiere. This was a much lighter consistency and very easy to apply with brush or fingers .. i preferred using my fingers (i was really just too lazy to clean my brushes!!) ... I have freckles on my face and the application of this was sheer enough for them to show through. It was long lasting but didn't give as flawless a base. I do think this is a great purchase for Summer however and will be looking to purchase when the sunny days come in and I want to get the freckled sunny look back on show again!!

Hope this helps anyone looking to purchase Chanel foundations... it is a bit of a ramble as I have my husband beside me pestering me to help him sell something on ebay!!! Never get any peace round here, honestly!! he he ;)

4 comments:

  1. Great post I am definitely going to go and get a sample of the Pro Lumiere and if they are nice to be at the counter Mat Lumiere! I asked on Friday but the Chanel lady wasn't there and no one else would help me :( booooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the ProLumiere is a great foundation once you get over paying the higher price tag for it. That feeling goes away rather quickly when you see how great your skin looks afterwards. I know what you mean about the touch-ups with powder throughout the day. I am definitely going to try the Mat Lumiere next. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome review thanks I am looking for a new foundation and have been thinking either Chanel or Dior so this info helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Saskia! Glad you went for the Chanel, it's my fave too. In the summer, when I'm prone to being a bit oilier, I mix the Matt and the Pro half and half together and it stops it being so greasy. Probably a cardinal make up sin but it really works.
    Keep on posting, I need these to make me sound like I know what I'm talking about when I go to the make up counters!

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete