Friday 20 February 2009

Redheads Rock!

I am a natural redhead ..... with freckles. I don't tan (although I am the only redhead i know who does not tan.) I always feel this description conjurs up the image of a snotty faced, ugly little girl so that probably the reason for this post ... oh and im not snotty faced ... or too ugly! lol matter of opinion though i suppose!

When i was about 19 i started fighting the red and dyed my hair blonde, brown, purple (accident!!) and jet black. I'm not sure if I just wanted a change or was actually giving into the childhood jibes of gingernut, duracell, freckleface etc. To be honest i never remember being all that bothered by these jibes as a child, my hair is more auburn and i was constantly being reminded by all the adults in my life how amazing it was so I was always pretty happy to have it.

My mother warned me not to dye it, she told me it would ruin my hair and I would never be able to get it back to its natural gorgeousness and boy was she right!! I now need to dye my hair a similar shade of red to my natural colour because what is left of my natural hair just appears dry and lifeless when left to its own devices. Sometimes Mamma really does know best!!

Now I am older I embrace my red hair and love how it makes me stand out from a crowd, yet i find this stigma attached, some girls will behave as if i am inferior due to my hair colour or tell me how ugly and orange my babies will be??!! huh?!!

Anyway, it seems that years ago there was hardly a redhead about in the Media (other than Sonia who i hated being compared to!!) but these days its getting more and more popular and its much easier to remind myself of how amazing red hair is, despite there still being a lot of critics out there! There are even redhead hate websites!! Jeez!!

So here is my rundown of some of the most gorgeous and inspiring redheads:

Brazilian model (yes, Brazilian!) Cintia Dicker... she is a natural redhead, freckly and utterly gorgeous!! LOVE

Isla Fisher, with her celtic colouring she is just adorable and I am dying to see Confessions of a Shopaholic (which i believe to be the story of my first 23 years on this planet lol!)
Natural redhead Lily Cole, she is not only a unique beauty but she is super smart too!

Desperate Housewife Marcia Cross is just the epitome of class and sophistication
Class and sophistication does not go hand in hand with Miss Lohan but she did look pretty gorgeous in her hey day (this shade is pretty similar to my own)
Model Coco Rocha may not be a natural redhead but she looks pretty damn cool!
British Model Karen Elson always looks amazing I could also mention Debra Messing, Julianne Moore, Nicole Kidman and Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud .......... redheads are taking over the world!! Lol

Who is your favourite redhead? Do you love it or do you loathe it??

8 comments:

  1. I would love to see your hair I totally agree all those girls are total babes!!! You should check out this blog I think this girl is just gorgeous and she can look so different in all her looks http://jannabelle.blogspot.com/2009/02/february-14-2009.html
    Let me know waht you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love redheads
    i was born with blonde hair but it had kind of red tinges,i dont tan either , no freckles, my eyebrows are the same, two toned haha i even dyed it red at one point but i would've loved to have born with full red hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a natural redhead who is pale and frecklefaced, too! I have had the opposite experiance my entire life people have mentioned how "lucky" I was to have red hair. I do feel lucky to have it. We're 1 per cent of the population!!! :) Conan O'Brien is a man but I think he is super handsome! Another gorgeous redhead I could add would be Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley! I don't think she has freckles though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow I just realized that link above was to my own blog! Thanks a lot Av! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I have tagged you on my latest post.
    Please come by and check out the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Redheads do rock. I would kill for some red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your description i think we have similar coloured auburn hair.. i too love it. I have tried a few blonde highlights before which was ok but i stupidly once tried dying it brown which was a total disaster and would not come out despite being a 6 wash one! I dont tan in the sun, i just burn! I dont fake tan either, just cant be bothered with it all and i dont mind being pale anyway xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think redheads are gorgeous, my particular fave is Nicole Kidman. I think when a lot of people hear 'ginger' they conjure up a really bright carrot colour, which isn't as appealing as the shades of red the girls have in those pics. It doesn't really matter what color hair people have, I think it's more important if you have an attractive face.

    ReplyDelete