Sunday 15 February 2009

MAC Rage!!

So Valentines for me was just lovely, even more so as my Star of a husband bought me Mac and Nars goodies!! However, unknown to him he was buying me products i already had. He bought me MSF Redhead and Blowdry lipstick and a Nars Candle.

I didn't think it would be a problem to exchange the products. I went along to my local House of Fraser to exchange but turns out because there is no receipt they will refuse to exchange. At one point i nearly had a bust up with the store manager which is very out of form for me as I try to keep as calm as possible in these situations. Anyway, the outcome was that i stormed off (probably a bit childish) but i was so angry I couldn't speak to the Manager any longer.

I understand a receipt being required for refund but for exchange i find a bit ridiculous. Gggrrrr ... so looks like i will be heading to slapswap.com!! Doesn't help that EVERY time i go to my local Mac the girls there are so rude and arrogant ... their customer service is appalling.

Another, highlight or lowlight of Valentines day was losing my wedding ring!!! GASP! It took 3 hours of turning the flat upside down but we finally found it just before we headed out for dinner - PHEW!!

xx

4 comments:

  1. OMG that is appalling customer service. I'm not in the least surprised tho, instead of the credit crunch making sales assistants more helpful, it seems to me its just increased their surly attitudes. I hope you find something nice to swap them for hun! x

    Can I also just add that I felt physically sick when I read you had lost your wedding ring. So glad you found it! I got married last August and I haven't taken my off as I'm the most forgetful clumsy person ever and I just know I'd lose it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so annoying for you. I guess they can't do anything without a receipt as you could have bought the stuff from a different shop! Your husband has good taste though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is annoying, i guess i kind of see there point but its frustrating when you know you are an honest customer plus they get my custom all the time!! never mind.

    @dressjunkie - I only got married last May so not even a year and theres me nearly losing it!! .. i was devastated was literally sinking into depression looking for it!! Thank goodness i found it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, that is unbelievable! I thought you would at least get an exchange. I always thought it was at the assistants discretion! That is such bad customer service.

    My husband lost his wedding ring when we were only 6 months married he has since replaced it but its not the same! He was very lucky he wasn't divorced!!!

    ReplyDelete