Friday 20 February 2009

My favourite Nars blush ...

I thought i would post about this product not because it is the most wearable but simply because it is such an amazing colour.

Its Nars Exhibit A

Its a kind of burnt glowing bright organgey red ... It really is wow!! I did put this on my cheek to show you but the pics of me turned out so horrendous (i look soooo overtired) that i could not face posting them so have shown you a swatch on my hand instead.

Its a scary colour to think about applying and is really suited to darker skintones on which it would be just gorgeous ... but even me being a paley, i manage to carry it off.... somehow!

It was my old flatmate who first introduced me to it (she is a Nars MUA) .... she was helping me achieve an Olsen Twin uber tanned goth look at the time and she tried some on me. It really is amazing how translucent it is on the skin compared to in its packaging. It is probably best applying with a fan brush but i also apply with my normal blush brush and as long as I am light with my hand its all good. Its durability is amazing ... this is the one blusher that i probably never ever ever need to reapply or even feel the need to reapply (whether i need it or not)

I usually wear it with a dark smoky eye either when i am using blacks or dark blues and navy ... would probably choose not to wear it if i was going for a neutral/brown smoky eye. It really is an incredible colour and these pictures most certainly do not do it justice.

I am sure i remember my flatmate telling me a story that it was named Exhibit A because it was the same colour of the blood that was left at a really famous crime scene. I am not sure if this is true but it certainly adds to the drama of this already exciting colour!

Next time you are at a Nars counter have a look for it and you will see just how scaringly shocking it is in real life!!

2 comments:

  1. I always eye this up when i'm at NARS but never brave enough to buy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I've just bought cactus flower which looks like a cream version of this shade - it's a poppy coloured red with gold shimmers in it! I still haven't worked out how to wear it though - would love to see some pics of you wearing this theough to inspire! xxx

    ReplyDelete