Thursday 19 February 2009

Weight Loss and wedding fever!

So for the past 2 weeks i have been working out at the gym big time!! I lost 2lbs last week and today lost another 2lbs! I'm delighted! Its a healthy weightloss and i am starting to really notice my body changing from all the exercise! Whoop whoop!

So with that in mind I am trying to pick out the perfect outfits for all 5 full day weddings I am attending this year .. the first being in April! I can see this is going to cost me a fortune!!

Ideally, I do want a different outfit for each wedding but already i am lacking on the inspiration side. I know colours i am after for each wedding though ... know this sounds odd but i want to wear cream to one, navy to another, then coral and I have not decided on the other 2 .. this is where I may double up on looks for the last 2 weddings.

I absolutely love the style of this dress that Kate Winslet wears in Revolutionary Road! I think this would be perfect with tossled hair and Pixiwoo's Sophia Loren look (the SL look is a must have for at least one of the weddings! - i love it)
Problem is I haven't really seen a dress like this anywhere in a suitable colour or fabric. I would think of getting something made or even customising something but because I want to lose more weight I want to hold off buying anything until as close to the day as i can!

What do you think of this look? Nice or naff?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I have a dress almost identical to this but in black. I got it from zara.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not naff at all this look is really really nice. You should definately go for it. I just love the vintage look it will always look good one anyone. Jeez I can't believe how many weddings you are going to! Mine will be the first one I have been to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lazula - Really? I feel like I have spent my whole life going to weddings. I do know a few friends though whose 1st wedding was their own though! Just gatecrash a few for the buzz lol... they really are good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weightloss, thats fab!! xx

    Re wedding outfits, Monsoon, Debenhams, Karen Millen, Zara & Linea at HoF always throw up something good. I love the look of that dress and I think there are quite a lot of comparable styles to this in the shops right now, the SL make-up will look gorgeous and glam.
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Linea+Shrug+shift+belted+dress/115240412,default,pd.html?cgid=0357&fromBrand=Linea

    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18649_795970_-1

    http://www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/Dresses/Lady-luxe-shift/903000052231?page=prod903000052231

    ReplyDelete