Friday 13 February 2009

Chanel Pro Lumiere and Revlon Colourstay Combo

So last week after months of hunting for the perfect foundation, I decided on Chanel Pro Lumiere. (Majorly influenced my Pixiwoos wicked tutorials - love love love)

I have worn it quite a bit now but as much as I love it and think it gives great coverage, I believe i was sold the wrong shade. I am quite pale but wear a lot of fake tan. On this basis i was sold a shade that was slightly darker - 1.5 Cendre. Now i didn't really think this was a good idea at the time but i tested it on my skin and thought it was fine in the shop (underneath all the artificial lighting!!! isn't that such a pain!?). However, since then i have felt it just makes my skin look dirty! Flawless ... but dirty! If that sounds possible.

After reading Hele's blog and her trouble with returning products to Chanel I decided against going back and thought i could just use it for nights out when i am tanned to the max ... however, this morning while putting on my make up I noticed that my Revlon Colourstay in Sand Beige was actually very similar to the Pro Lumiere in 1.5 Cendre although the Chanel is a tad darker. So i decided to mix and see what i came up with.

Well, it came out almost perfect in colour .... just the inbetween of the 1.5 Cendre and 1.0 Clair/Cameo that my skin needs when i am tanned! Whoop Whoop! Not only that but the coverage it gave seemed to be a lot smoother and less shiny that the Pro on its own and less dry and matt than the revlon colourstay on its own - fab! Now i would post pics of what it looked like on and the differences of them on their own but I am afraid to say i do still feel a bit shy about this. Not sure why!! Will need to pluck up courage in the future.

I do love Pro Lumiere but sometimes i feel i need to powder my nose so to speak with it on as i seem to look overly shiny at times. However, for my next purchase i think i will go with the Matt Lumiere in 1.0 Clair/Cameo as I tried this as a sample and it left my skin looking flawless and was the perfect base for the rest of my make up. It would be great for wearing to work through the week when i am not always so tanned.

So top tip girls if your foundations aren't quite working like you want them to mix them up with a li'l something else and customise your own!!

5 comments:

  1. Do you know what? I've thought this too in the past week. I wear Cendre Intensity 1.5 in the matt. And while its perfect in artificial light I have noticed in daylight its just slightly off. Hmmmm, I might try your little trick ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i just don't think i look quite right but I definitely think the 1.0 would be a lot better and give the effect i am after. Try it out with colourstay though and let me know how you get on with it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im thinking of trying the Chanel foundations as I have heard so much about them. I love my Mac Studio Fix but its an NW15 and I still find it abit dark in some light :( Be cool to know how you compare the different Chanel foundations xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should take it back and swap it for the right one! The people at Chanel weren't the nicest but they did let me swap it in the end.

    I actually swapped by rubbish eyeshadow quad for Pro lumiere and i absolutely love it!

    I'm actually going to MAC tomorrow to try to swap a foundation which they sold me in totally the wrong colour, hope they let me swap, i'll let you know how it goes on my blog! xx ps just found your blog today, really enjoying it!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hele - Thanks so much for your kind comment. Even though the Chanel is the wrong colour it is totally working a dream with the revlon colourstay so think ive not used too much of it to return lol! If I had got no use out of it i would have definitely had to take it back in the end x

    ReplyDelete