Sunday 19 June 2011

Hairspiration 2

I think i've always lusted after beach waves but I don't have the kind of hair that lends itself well to that effortlessly tousled fashion.

That niggling desire for carefree, casual locks has started haunting my dreams again and the more I think about it and the more images of luscious, sexy beach hair I see - I am starting to think it could be possible but maybe it just takes a little more effort than it looks.

Florence combines a block fringe and beach waves - perfect juxtaposition

I aim for a look like Drew - complete with hair feathers

Isla Fisher has beach waves down to a T

Christina Hendricks has a more glam approach

Oh, I did have beach waves once upon a time! ;)


Could it be that my aspiration for easy, breezy, beautiful locks take a lot more effort that meets the eye? 

I definitely don't have the type of hair that can be left to dry naturally.  Although I have natural waves, my hair needs a bit of teasing to keep it look thick and healthy, without that it would just look drab and lifeless.  

I have a couple of salt spray products in the form of Bumble and Bumble and Trevor Sorbie to try out and hope they will help my waves stay in place.  I also have the Babyliss waving wand for some extra oomph.  I think some thickening products also wouldn't go amiss. 

How do you achieve beach waves?

x

6 comments:

  1. John Masters sea salt is supposed to me very good - though i personally have never tried it. I ahve heard very good things about the Bumble and Bumble one too. I agree that beachy waves are A LOT more effort than they look, but they are very worth it. Particularly in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww such a lil cutie :P

    I'd love beachy waves but unfortunately for love nor money my hair will and most likely will stay poker straight.

    Can't do anything with it at all.

    Rubbish

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beach waves. I have been trying to master the look for YEARS and only recently found a perfect way to do them. And it takes only 30-40 minutes! Yey! X


    P.S. I'm having a new giveaway - check it out!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider myself lucky. I air dry and don't even bother with blow drying or irons anymore. My hair will always go back to wavy. The first day after washing it has the waves, but the second day it starts to just get bouncy. Probably because it's so thick and I always end up pulling it back in a bun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of you is adorable :) I'm kind of similar, my hair has a natural wave, and because I'm so often pressed for time it often gets left to dry naturally, but it's not the style of beachy waves you see on celebs, that are tousled to perfection even on the messier looks. I use a V05 salt spray that I've reviewed before, but I deffo need something that allows me to leave my hair to dry naturally and not leave me resembling Worzel Gumidge! xxx

    ReplyDelete