Thursday 16 June 2011

Scottish Fashion Awards 2011: What I Wore

Before I go into any level of detail about the awards like how fabulous Shirley Bassey looked,  how HAWT David Gandy is, how Henry Holland and his entourage brought the party, the lump in my throat when the wonderful Hilary Alexander won Fashion Ambassador or how much an honour it was to finally get to speak to Jonathan Saunders, I thought I would first show you what I wore to the event.

My evening started with a wardrobe dilemna - 2 weeks away from the gym had taken their toll and my jumpsuit had become a little tight round the edges shall we say.  I had to just make do and roll with it though.  This is the same outfit I wore for my birthday (I wore the same thing twice!! Quelle Horreur!)



Navy jumpsuit: Topshop
Shoes: Aldo
Fur Stole: Vintage Ebay
Earrings: Oasis
Rings: Karen Millen, Vivienne Westwood and some others picked up in stalls or abroad

I was hoping to wear some fabulous Warehouse accessories and a gorgeous Warehouse bag but unfortunately for me they were not in store.  I managed to make do with some last minute bits and bobs from elsewhere, including a cuff that fellow blogger Ann managed to pick me up after she learned of my accessory panic!!

Somehow I went from looking half decent and being quite pleased with my outfit to looking like a heffalump by the time photos were taken at the event.  Hmmph! Not quite sure how that happens but I'm hoping it's nothing the gym won't fix.




 For my make up I wanted a bright pink lip to match my nails which were painted in GOSH Flamingo.  I had forgotten what a fabulous shade this is!

I did my own hair up for the evening by trying to channel Chanel's catwalk look.  I literally scooped all my hair into a high ponytal, backcombed the pony to within an inch of it's life then scooped it all around the base, pinning with a few bobby pins here and there.  Naturally half a tonne of hairspray was added for extra peace of mind!
Face: Chanel AquaLumiere
Cheeks:  Nars Laguna, Nars Orgasm and a touch of Illamasqua Erzule
Eyes: MAC Brule, MAC Charcoal Brown (crease), MAC Blacktrack, Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia (Darkest blues mixed and layered over eyeliner).  MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara
Lips:  MAC Longwear Lipcreme in Love Forever

That's a lot of MAC!

I decided to forego false lashes but by the end of the night I wish I had worn them although sometimes it's nice to give the eyes a rest.

This is usually a failsafe outfit for me as jumpsuits are so comfortable.  Needless to say by the end of the evening my feet were killing me.

My fellow blogger gals who accompanied me to the do... Ann at Girl in the City and Morven from Cats and Rocking Chairs did not disappoint as they looked absolutely stunning.

More pics to come of all of us and a few schlebs too ;)

x

13 comments:

  1. FIERCE! love it, you look gorgeous hun - that hair is marvellous well done you !xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I can say is WOW. You look absolutely amazing! Everything about this look is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Va va voom! Looking very gorgeous and i love the fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! AMAZING! You look like a total STAR! :) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heffalump my arse! You look the bomb in your jumpsuit. You rocked it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous. I always love how you style things and that jumpsuit is just amazing on you! Sounds like it was a fab night x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh god, you look AMAZING!! wow! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning, as ever! You always seem to be able to accessorise so well - that's something I'm terrible at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the retro look...almost channeling Bianca Jagger-esque 70's glamour! Love the makeup too...very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. precioso post!!
    ;D
    un besazo wapisima
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look amazing! looks like it was a fun event :0

    Xo

    ReplyDelete