Monday 6 June 2011

OOTD: Direct your feet to the sunny side of the street

After about a fortnight of grey clouds and constant rain, Friday finally gave us some sun :)

It was a scorcher in Glaswegian terms but since I was working then spray tanning on Friday, I only managed to catch mid afternoon/evening but even then it was still lovely & warm and to top it off, it stayed light late into the night.  Just how summer should feel.

I go for easy clothing on summer days and tend to make use of accessories.  Because I also had just had a spray tan I needed to wear something that wouldn't rub the tan or leave any lines behind so I opted for a navy strapless maxi dress from ASOS.  The dress is described as navy but it has a definite purple tinge about it... it's quite bright.
catalogue posing into the distance!
A pair of gladiator sandals for comfort, again from ASOS.  They are a peachy, tan shade but they only thing that let's them down is their velcro fastening instead of a buckle.

excuse the hideous tootsies!
 


I accessorised with a multi layered bead necklace from H&M.  The browns and turquoise really set off the navy in the dress.  I also wore my Mango rayban-esque sunnies which I love.  They add a bit of cool to any outfit.


My hair is being quite awkward at the moment and I am waiting to get it re-done again so I tend to just scrape it up in a top knot these days.  Estee Lauder Orange Crush gloss is becoming a bit of a permanent feature in my make up this week and again wore it on this sunny Friday as it seemed a perfect choice to celebrate the mini heatwave (which only lasted a day by the way!).

Has everyone else been enjoying good weather?

x

11 comments:

  1. Looking lovely Hun, I actually think your hair looks FAB, healthy and a perfect doo for the sun

    Can you believe I have NEVER had a spray tan ? Think I am going to go for it this week of not next though so watch this space

    Hope all is well luv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this outfit, the necklace looks fab with the dress!

    Lil_lynz (twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, you look fab.

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of the dress and it really suit your hair and skin tone! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and necklace <3

    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowser, now THAT is how to wear a maxi. You look hot and the colour is incredible on you. Love the accessories too, super-glam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the dress color with the necklace against it, so chic!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have fringe envy! And maxi dress envy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this whole look you look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your accessorizes with this dress - very Grecian-goddes-like (especially with these sandals!). X



    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete