Sunday 12 June 2011

One size fits all.

Something I haven't blogged about in great detail lately is the life overhaul I am going through.  That basically means I am on that healthy eating, get fit wagon that I keep falling off, again!

Before I post about my gym routine, healthy eating and current progress, it's safe to say that I am determined not to buy new clothes until I have reached my goal body.

So what's a girl to do if she wants to update her wardrobe without buying new wares??

Accessorise!

It's an age old rule for me as it is ... outfits can be changed from dressy to casual, from professional to laid back with the switch up of a pair of earrings, a cocktail ring or some stacked bracelets.  Accessories ALWAYS fit too, it doesn't matter if you are carrying a few extra pounds, those earrings will still look as sparkly on.  Now, I am a bit sheepish about showing off new bits & bobs since I recently de-cluttered my whole jewellery/accessory collection with the promise to myself no more was needed.  However, there is always an exception to the rule and that's usually when there is those 4 little letters emblazoned across a shop window ...

S A L E

Yes, Warehouse had slashed the prices of their accessories and I got myself a little bundle all priced between £1 and £6.  Come on, how could I turn that down? So anyway, here is what I picked up.  Apologies for the grainy iphone pics but i'm just a bit of a lazy bum today.



I started off with these dangly earrings, £2 and £1 respectively - how bargainous?!  I never used to leave the house without a pair of statement earrings but I honestly can't remember the last time I even wore a pair of studs.  I wear my hair up a lot these days and figured that  a nice pair of danglies would go nicely with a maxi or tunic dress.  If I don't get round to wearing them then there is no major financial loss so win, win! :)

The next little set of bargains are a gold filigree style cuff, a multi-shade wooden beaded bracelet and a chunky navy & emerald bangle.  I can't remember their prices but none were more than £6 which is great.

After I left Warehouse, I popped into M&S to ask how much I had left on a gift card that has been in my purse for the last 3 years.  I honestly thought there was only a fiver left on it - I was squealing with excitement when I was told there was over £100 on it!! AMAZING! Anyway, instead of going wild in the aisles, I just picked up the one thing which was yet another pair of sunglasses to add to the ever expanding collection.



Excuse my dodgy, unkempt hair - I went for another pair of cat eye glasses.  This is my third pair in a month! Toffs certainly are careless.  These just looked so fabulous on, I had to have them.  In some light they are a taupey shade, in other lights, they look slightly green.  They were £15.

Other purchases I managed to body swerve were a gorgeous pair of black platforms and slouchy clutch from Dorothy Perkins (wow, have they gone up in the style stakes since I last shopped there!).

Anyway, Tomorrow is Monday and I am back to the grind and a super busy week involving some glitz, glamour and pampering.

What bargains have you been snapping up lately?

x

6 comments:

  1. Love the lip colour and the sunglasses! Luck you with £100 :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mary I know, I couldn't believe it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. £100!!! Great surprise!

    As for bargains - I got myself nice boots from H&M (my last blog post) on sale.

    If you like cat-eye sunglasses, Primark has few colors fro £1 each. I already had to buy few for my friends and myself when my mum snapped my own. ;) X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow £100! I wish I had a voucher lurking in my purse. Great sunglasses, def a good choice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, what a happy surprise with that gift card! Those glasses look amazing on you..you really suit red lips. I'm the same, whenever I've put on a few lbs, I end up shoe/accessory shopping! You're right, they always look good! And they can change a plain outfit quicker than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a no clothes buying till I drop a dress size thing right now! I keep breaking it though... Not good.

    Totally agree on Dorothy Perkins though - was in the other day for the first time in about a year and a half and I noticed they had defintiely improved a lot!

    I thought you looked as though you had lost some weight around your face in your pictrues but didn't want to say anything in case you weren't particularly trying to and also because you looked totally fine before so didn't want to insult you at all!

    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete