Thursday 30 June 2011

On my way to Geordie Shore

With my holiday still a long way off, I am breaking up a bit of summer with a trip to Newcastle to visit some special girls in my life.

Well, Gateshead to be exact then a trip to Leeds for a big birthday bash!  Today I have made mental notes, sketches and lists of what to wear, what make up will be required and what needs to be done in prep.  This is how I stay organised.

As well as the DIY mani, pedi, hair zshoosh and fake tanning sesh this evening, I need to pack my pre-styled outfits into one measly hand carrier.

Instead of preaching to you on packing light ... (I am still in the process of mastering this but will hopefully have some tips by my next big holiday) I thought I would show you some of the outfits I will be taking for day and evening.

I have been assured by Mr Weatherman that the weather will hold out and we will indeed be in for a sunny weekend so I think it's probably a good time to get the legs out again.



White denim shirt dress: Motel at ASOS
Studded belt: purchased in Philadelphia
Crossover stone bag: Topshop
Multi colour beaded bracelet: Mango.
Trainers: Nike at Urban Outfitters

During the day I expect we will be doing a bit of shopping, lunching and the odd cocktail.  Comfort is always the key when you are up to a bit of shenanigans so I have gone for a simple summer dress that is reminiscent of Wimbledon season.




Fringed Top: ASOS
Denim studded shorts: Miss Selfridge
Fringed sandals: Warehouse
Bag: Topshop
Bangle: Miss Selfridge
Ring: Ydeltuyt
Necklace: H&M

Another daytime outfit tailored for comfort again.  I love wearing this for afternoons in a beer garden and the odd boat rave when they come around.  It is such a comfy combo that it will serve me well for farewell drinks and my train home.  The top was a bargain purchase a few years ago from ASOS and it has to be my most worn item of clothing - it can be worn in many different ways, casual and glam.  I adore fringing reflected on the top and sandals - gah, I am so 80's sometimes!

I love this bag, it was a gift from my friend Stacie. It's so versatile and seems to go with everything.  It has a real festival feel about it and I think the blue stone in the centre is just gorgeous.



Brazilian print dress: Warehouse
Blue platform shoes:  Carvela
Blue clutch bag:  Zara
Bangles and cuff: Mango and Warehouse
Earrings:  Miss Selfridge
Selection of rings from H&M, Primark, Ydeltuyt and Accessories Online

It wouldn't be a big fat Geordie weekend without a party outfit in tow.  This dress is a recent purchase from Warehouse, I love the clashing pattern and colours throughout so I have tried to clash some of the accessories too without becoming too much of a muddle.  There is a slight twist in the front of the dress and so too in the bag which complements it nicely.

So all there is for it now is to get the vino chilled, the falsies at the ready and an endless supply of instant fake tan for these pasty ol' legs of mine!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the second outfit, so much so I've just gone and bought the Warehouse sandals! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay! The sandals are lush - i love how they go so well with my bag too - although being the colour they are they would go with anything! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three outfits, you really have a talent for putting things together. the 2nd one has reminded me to be brave and dust off my denim shorts!

    Have a wonderful break!

    Loveaudrey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love all of those outfits, loved the way you styled them! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are a style fairy, please can you flutter over to mine and style me so fabulously?! Loving your outfits, I hope you have a fabulous weekend and I hope the sun shines for you :) Looking forward to seeing OOTD's :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVE your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! :) Channeling your inner Geordie Shore girl. ;)

    I am still not convinced about the whole Geordie Shore thing. It looks like a cheap imitation of the Jersey Shore (which I love). ;) X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfits are adorable...and so much colour ^_^ love it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous summery outfits! Wow, you're even more organised than me! And that's saying something.ha ha. Hope you have a wonderful time :D x

    ReplyDelete