Wednesday 29 July 2009

Big shiny balls!

.....in the form of my new(ish) necklace and bracelet from Mango! Mango has been my most frequented store in recent weeks.... with purchases of clothing, bags and jewellery. I have always loved Mango, it's almost like a younger version of Zara and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Anyway, I was in buying a few things last week and came across this set in the sale. The necklace is pewter coloured beads/balls and is quite weighty. It is quite a statement piece and will transform any outfit.
As you can see there are big shiny balls placed at the side of the necklace like a big knot of balls .... sorry I can't think what else to call them, beads don't seem to do them justice!
The bracelet that goes along with it is attached to 3 rope like bands. Normally I would not wear matching costume jewellery - i like a bit of mix and match. I find the 'matchy matchy' look can be a bit bland however, I find although unusual these pieces have a simplicity that make them perfect match.
I did buy these in the sale, I think I bought the necklace for around £25 and possible £10 for the bracelet. They also had them in a gorgeous gold which looked so glamorous but after long deliberation I went with this colour.

So what are your thoughts on my big shiny balls??? ;)

x

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh lovely they will be a talking point, Big shiny balls are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a nice set of balls and these ones are just perfect ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mizzworthy I like to give them a good polish and see them shine ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the nicest balls I've ever seen, lol. The necklace is awesome.

    ReplyDelete