Thursday 23 July 2009

NOTD - Barry M Blue glitter combo!

I bought these polishes on a 2 for 1 offer last week so thought I would do a quick nail of the day with them.
On the left we have 294 Cyan Blue and on the right 297 Blue glitter. I applied the Cyan blue first then a top coat of Blue glitter. I am really impressed with both of these. Just one coat of the cyan blue and I had a good coverage. Also the consistency of the glitter is really good and spreads thickly without clumping. Very sparkly on the nails although this was quite hard to capture on camera - this is the best i could do on my mobile tonight!
I imagine the Blue glitter will look fantastic over a navy, black or even a dark red polish so I am sure I will do more experimenting with this. It's basically the blue version of China Glaze's Ruby Pumps.

I have just realised though that I have an important meeting at work tomorrow so I am not quite sure this is appropriate. I really don't want to take it off ... it's just so lovely and sparkly! ;)

Anyone else have any nice nail combo's to share?

x

7 comments:

  1. Nail Paints are really cool :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paint your nails so neatly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you think? that was me doing it uber quick and going over the lines lol! it must be the artist in me he he x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both of those colours so might have to try this. Only problem is getting glitter polish off is a pain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute, I got a clear NYX Glitter one last week, but I have to say its a bit disappointing and was a pain in the ass to remove.
    Btw your engagement ring :-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've tried it over matt white Barry M nail paint, and 'as is' in my household. Love it!

    I find using those cosmetic circular cotton pads are good for getting the glitter off. using normal cotton balls gets too messy!
    (found this blog looking for a pic of the polish as I just did my toes and wanted to share on-line!)

    ReplyDelete