Friday 24 July 2009

Dupe Alert! Jemma Kidd Pro I-Perfecter v Miss Sporty Mini Me concealer

.... well ... almost a dupe, one half of a dupe!

I posted yesterday about my make up and fashion swap with Natalia and one of the items she sent was the Miss Sporty Mini me concealer. She suggested I wear on the inner corner of my eye or on the waterline to brighten. So far I have been using it as suggested and loving it. However, before I had tried the Miss Sporty pencil, I had already been using a product for the exact same thing.

.... It was the Jemma Kidd Pro I-perfector prep & prime duo.

Now, when I say this is just one half of a dupe it's because the i-perfector is in fact dual ended. One end acts a base/primer on the lids and the other is the brightening flesh toned liner. However, Miss Sporty may not be dual ended but this doesn't stop you using it as a primer for the lids as well as an eye brightener. Both products come in 2 shades - light or medium. I have light in both products.
As you can see there is hardly anything in it between the 2 products, shade wise. (i-perfector on the right, Miss sporty on the left). Miss Sporty seems to be a little softer to apply so is more comfortable to use on the waterline whereas the i-perfector has an advantage on the inner corner of the eye as the consistency is a little firmer therefore more control when applying.

In my opinion, both products perform on a par with each other. The Miss Sporty liner has become a permanent fixture in my daily make up bag as it is small and easy to carry around - great for touch ups on the go. I have tried using it as a concealer but as I am used to industrial strength cover up, it didn't do the trick for me. It really is amazing the difference this can make to tired eyes, a little highlight in the corner and a freshen of the waterline really opens up the eye.

The biggest difference in this product is the price. Jemma Kidd's I-perfector was between £17-£18 from Space NK whereas Miss Sporty comes in at between £2-£4.

I know which one I will be re-purchasing!! It's a no brainer! :)

Has anyone else tried either of these products? What do you think of them?

x

3 comments:

  1. Fab find! I haven't tried either but will definitely be making a beeline for the Miss Sporty display in Superdrug - thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cOol!
    Thx 4 sharing this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh thank you for this! x

    ReplyDelete