Sunday 19 July 2009

David Aubrey at Accessories Online

If any of you have a twitter account, I am sure you will have heard of Accessories Online. It is a great website based in the UK, where you can buy designer jewellery that may not be accessible to us otherwise.

I have bought a few items from this site now and everything has arrived in perfect timing and exactly as described/shown on their website! If only we could always receive that kind of service when online shopping!

Anyway, I thought I would show you a recent and long awaited purchase I made from Accessories Online.
I had seen this necklace a couple of months ago on the site but the initial 'K' had been out of stock. I was tempted to get an 'S' for my alter ego of Saskia but in the end waited for a K. Thankfully, they arrived back in stock a few weeks ago and Accessories Online were lovely enough to tweet to let me know, even reserving one for me until I could get to a computer to purchase! Now, that's service for ya!

It is a David Aubrey design, who is a New York based jewellery designer. I chose this particular design as it reminded me of a cross between Carries necklace in Sex and the City and Ugly Betty's initial necklace.

Some blurb from the website on David Aubrey designs:

'David Aubrey jewellery is created with plated and oxidized brass and white metal, vintage glass beads, semi-precious stones, Indian handmade glass beads, as well as wood, mother of pearl and carved bone. Collections vary from delicate, meticulously assembled jewellery and monochromatic hues to larger, more colourful pieces.
The collections are inspired by classic paintings, incorporating elements ranging from the primary colours and ornamentation of medieval manuscript illuminations to the swirling effects and lighter shades seen in vintage watercolours'

I adore this necklace, it has a really vintage look to it with a little gem and leaf sitting alongside the 'K'. It was £29.95 which I personally think is great for a handcrafted piece that is so delicate and looks so expensive. I find some online jewellery so unbelievably overpriced when in essence you could probably string a few beads together yourself but this piece has been crafted in such detail and intricacy.

I have been wearing this everyday and I always get positive comments on it. I just love it!

Has anyone else used Accessories online or does anyone have any other David Aubrey pieces?

x

10 comments:

  1. I havent seen this site before looks great :) love the necklace! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love initial jewellery, looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO I love initial jewelery too, would love another J. How far does the chain come down? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @J it doesnt come too far down - sorry should have taken a pic on ... it kind of rests just on or slightly below collarbone. Its so delicate though that any longer and it could get caught easily x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gutted he doesn't make a 'Y' - the search continues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @VexInTheCity - oh no!! I didn't realise he didn't make one, i just thought it wasn't stocked!! Ah thats a shame, surely a 'Y' initial can't be THAT unusual?? *tries to think of names beginning with Y* xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo it's my initial haha i want it :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much from this website I really want - can't wait til payday! I love this necklace - so pretty. Lol, you should get an S too for alter ego days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really beautiful - I'm off to take a good look around the site now.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmigod, that is amazing!! What a gorgeous piece, and you're right about the price, a total bargain! I would have thought it was much much more! xoxo Anna

    ReplyDelete