Tuesday 21 July 2009

GOSH Professional - Haircare

When i was in Superdrug on Sunday I noticed GOSH was on 3 for 2 again but this time instead of reaching for the cosmetics I opted for their haircare range. To be honest, I am not sure how long this has been available but it was news to me so I thought I would give it a go.

I purchased the 'Pump up the volume' shampoo and conditioner and 'Rescue me!' repair 'n shine serum.

I used the shampoo and conditioner last night for the first time but I am afraid I won't be using again. According to the blurb on the front the tube it 'contains special proteins which add body and fullness'. Initially I was quite hopeful - I am always looking for hair products that create volume so had my fingers crossed that this could be the answer. The shampoo and conditioner smell lovely, they contain shea butter which you can smell. The consistency feels very goo-ey (technical term) but not sticky, however once massaged into your hair it almost feels like it never washes back out again. A little bit like the way Pantene feels, so you feel like you hair is being coated rather than cleaned. Despite this, I still had high expectations for the part where it says 'Pump up the Volume'.
On to the styling ... before I dried my hair I applied the GOSH professional 'rescue me!' serum. Just a pump and a half of it was required, I massaged throughout the ends and avoided the roots as I was hoping the shampooo and conditioner had 'pumped up the volume'Once my hair was blow-dryed and straightened, it is fair to say, it had no body, shape or volume to it! My hair felt so soft and unmanageable. I am all for soft, sleek hair but when it holds no shape then it really is useless to me especially given the fact my hair is quite short at the moment. What I can say is that my hair was shiny and frizz free (although slightly static) which I am not sure is thanks to my natural hair type or the GOSH 'rescue me!' serum. All in all = Fail.

Has anyone else tried the GOSH hair products? Where they a win or fail for you?

x

13 comments:

  1. Oh dear what a bugger! Id wondered what the gosh hair malarky was like, guess i wont bother now!!! happy bday to G icon this week!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried them, but would still probably like to, just to see if I had any better luck. Love professional shampoos nowadays, never used to, but now its the only thing I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea they even did haircare!! Doesn't sound too great tho :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw these products at my local drug store today and i thought about picking some up but i'm glad i didn't! thanks for the great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, not worth taking the chance with bad hair products. Thanks for the warning, wont be buying these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these before. thanks for the review, it'll stop me wasting my money!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. they work good, i don't know what your talking about. Maybe you have to use them more then once hey just maybe, caues does anything work in one try with hair care no, like if your trying to fix split ends that doesn't just take one day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shape it Baby Mouse is fabulous - never had so much volume in my fine thin hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used the shampoo & conditioner for damaged hair for about a month and now I have more flyaways than ever. It did nothing good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've actually been searching for new shampoo/conditioner and got the pump up the volume set to.. I LOVE IT. My mom is a hairdresser so i have access to all salon brands at a huge discount, i decided to randomly go to shoppers and buy anything i seen on the shelf (since nothing i had tried for the last year did i LOVE)...i got the gosh set and i seriously love it more then anything!!! and its made suuuch a huge difference for the thickness and weight of my hair...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete