Sunday 18 July 2010

Cheek of the Week! - Illamasqua Tweak

I will be honest, sometimes I quite like the Aunt Sally look.

This week I went for that look full throttle. A messy application of blush with little blending to create a ruddy, just been fooling around in a haystack kind of look ... not everyones idea of pretty I do agree but what the hay?! Geddit?!

I turn to Illamasqua Tweak for this look ... it's a really hot pink with elements of both red and coral in it. I imagine this is gorgeous on tanned and darker skins especially but it is pretty versatile and colour can be applied as lightly as you require. Although, it is very pigmented so you have to be careful if you are heavy handed.

The rest of my make up was kept very simple, mainly for the fact I was at work but if you have dramatic cheeks you need to tone everything else down for it to work.
This is a gorgeous colour, great for summer but equally as good for winter months as it gives a lovely rosey finish. It's probably not everyones cup of tea applied as heavily as this but I quite like it every once in a while. I have convinced myself it looks 'youthful'.

Also, a few people have asked what colour I am wearing on my lips from previous posts and it's the same colour I have on here ... It's a lipgloss by clinique but stay tuned for more info in a future blogpost.

x

8 comments:

  1. i actually think that looks amazing on you, I have never thought about trying a really bright reddish colour but this makes me want to experiment!

    Bx

    beautyh2t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GORGEOUS :) This looks fabulous on you...you have such a pin up look going on here :)

    Thanks re the lipgloss...I'm eagerly awaiting more!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty - Illamasqua blushes are mega pigmented - I need to watch the Aunt Sally effect with Dixie but I love it all the same.

    Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it looks absolutely pretty on you :)
    i myself am trying to decide which illamasqua blush to get, im NC15 and i dont like the typical pink blushes and also want something more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super pretty girl - I love a strong blush (have you had a play with the red and orange barry m ones?) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE so so so so SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the comments - Never realised Aunt Sally cheeks would go down so well ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a gorgeous look on you - I love strong cheeks as they are so easy to do, but make you look polished and unique - Tweak and Excite from Illamasqua are two of my faves to create the look - I used to love MAC's scarlet blusher too, but MAC blushers have a poor lasting power on me unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete