Tuesday 6 July 2010

NOTD: Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia

Following on from my previous post introducing the Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia palette, here is another one of my favourites from the collection.
(Excuse my shoddily applied nail colour)

It's the pure colour nail lacquer in Blue Dahlia. I said before that I like navy, well I love it on the nails. In fact, navy is pretty much my favourite colour so anything in that hue grabs my attention.

Now I own a few 'navy' nail polishes but none that look a true navy on the nails... usually there are flecks of purple or a tinge of sparkle somewhere (e.g, OPI Russian Navy).

Estee Lauder's Nail Laquer however presents a true navy. On my nails, at least. In the bottle it can look a slightly dark aubergine in certain lights but on the nails it is as true a navy as I can find. It leaves a glossy dark blue finish that is opaque with 2 coats.

There is no colour changing effect depending on light, just true glossy navy which I love and I know I will wear again and again come Autumn and Winter ... heck I am even loving it for Summer!

x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour for Autumn Winter Time will have to create a list and pop this on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thats beautiful, i love navy nails too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great,i love the glossy sheen it gives your nails after application.And the bottle looks simply lush :D.Ox






    StopAndStareStyle - btw,posted my SECOND EVVVER look on here lol,so i'd love to hear your feedback.It would be much appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous navy blue, so glossy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love navy blue nails too, Barry M do a good shade that's affordable and lasts a few days too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Caledonista ah yes I have the Barry M one too although this is a darker truer navy but I agree a perfect affordable dupe x

    ReplyDelete