Friday 2 July 2010

My favourite products of the month!

It has been a while since I did a 'favourites' post so here's whats getting the thumbs up from me this past month ...

HAIR
  • Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo & Conditioner - I love love love this. Smells great and helps bring the volume and shine back to my lack lustre hair! Result.
FACE
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear - Now that I have a little bit of tan to my face I switched from Clinique Anti Blemish to Double wear. I try and resist using double wear daily if I can help it as it gives a full coverage but it's so lovely that I have worn it most days.

LIPS
  • Estee Lauder gloss in Nude Rose - I bought this last year before my holidays and it has turned into a bit of a fail safe nude gloss for me. With a scent of fig, it smells as good as it looks!
CHEEKS
  • Topshop Neon Rose - This is such a fresh bright colour for the cheeks. It creates a subtle glow that really brightens the face giving an almost luminous glow (not in the radioactive sense. It can be layered easily or applied sheerly for a subtle hint of colour.
EYES
  • Urban Decay shadows in Drink me, Eat me and Madhatter from the Alice in Wonderland palette - I have been wearing these most days, it's an easy neutral combo that is perfect for work.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Teal - again I got this as part of the AIW palette. It looks gorgeous on the waterline and takes my work look from day to night by adding some welcome colour.
  • The Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer in Burnished Amber - this is another one I love on the waterline especially for summer when I am tanned (fake of course) and wearing bronze colours on eyes, lips or cheeks (but never all at once).
BODY
  • Xen Tan - After a rocky start I think I have now bonded with the wonder of xen tan and I am now sporting a gorgeous natural looking tan that fades without leaving harsh lines or streaking - review coming up shortly ...
FRAGRANCE
  • Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne - this is a deliciously fruity fragrance with hints of peach and plum as well as the obvious nectarine and honey, perfect for day wear and I always get asked what I'm wearing :)
NAILS
  • Anything goes! I have been mixing it up with leopard print, bows, stripes and flowers on my nails. Perfect way of getting use of your polishes in one go
SHOES
  • Topshop Wedges - these were purchased as part of a birthday treat as I loved the blush/nude colour and lace up front. Despite how they might look, they are actually really comfy. Honest.
CLOTHES
  • New Look Harem Jumpsuit - I adore this. So comfy, so versatile and perfect for sunny weather. Easy to dress up with a belt, necklace, wedges or go casual in flip flops.

I probably have loads more I could chat about but this post has to end somewhere. For July, I am already predicting a return to brights on the lips (pink in particular) and pretty dresses ... yay for Summer!

x

13 comments:

  1. Your nails look amazing! I think I'm going to have to buy EL Double Wear again, I've missed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. I'm loving Neon Rose too, so pretty. The shoes are incredible and I love the jumpsuit! I bought my first ever playsuit from French Connection recently and I thought of you as I know how much you like FC! I'm very excited about wearing it! Sad ,huh!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carrsky thanks, yeah i love double wear xx

    @loveaudrey Ahhh yeah i LOVE FC ... although I am too skint to shop there (or anywhere for that fact) just now :(
    Adore playsuits too ... you HAVE to post an OOTD!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Xen Tan. Was converted last year and it was nice to find a fake tan that didn't make me look garish. Also...topshop wedges, they look uh-mazing. I hate gladiator sandals so wedges are pretty much my summer shoe of choice.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That EL gloss sounds delicious (and better than the Cava!), I love Figs and Nude gloss! I've had that Jo Malone fragrance as a body creme and it's such a nice scent.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those wedges, I want them!!! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely I should really do a post about it. Ooh I'd love the JM fragrance in body creme for that would be divine ... Altho I may end up licking it off it smells so good. Classy! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @stylefrost thanks, I luurrve them ... Altho I wish I had prettier feet to do them justice ... Mine can be likened to that of a hobbits lol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors you picked for your leopard nails, it looks so cute! And those topshop wedges are stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. wah, sue-bo! :P

    aye to the xen tan (esp as it makes my bathroom smell equally as nice as my bod after application), and those nude shoooes!, yum! ... loving the playsuit too - haven't yet found one that suits me, but not giving up yet ... mission of the summer.

    reckon you'd look lovely in hawt lippies love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahahahahahah the thumbnail picture in my dashboard: made me giggle xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't resist wearing Double Wear everyday, it's just so good I think look like death without it lol. Haven't tried Xen Tan yet, every time I buy Fake Bake the sales assistant tries to tempt me with Xen Tan but I'm always scared to stray from FB in case I end up streaky! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your nails look AMAZING! Very clever - I wouldn't have the patience to do that! x

    ReplyDelete