Sunday 4 July 2010

With this ring ...

I'm tired and gloomy this Sunday evening, the weekend is over and i'm preparing for another working week :(
Just before it's all over though, just a quick post to show you my new rings purchased this weekend.

The gold & pink ring is from Mango and mimics the gorgeously fashionable and wonderfully formed Agate rings. I have been after a true Agate ring for quite a while but never find any that take my fancy so the search goes on, however, this will do in the meantime. I picked it up when returning some unwanted items but I believe it was £9.

The silver ring was purchased from a Polish man who runs a stall at Sloanes Market, just off Buchanan Street, Glasgow. The market runs every Saturday and Sunday but yesterday was the first time I really explored it. The man who sold me the ring told me the stone was some sort of amethyst .... I don't remember much else, I was too excited about it's price tag ... only £4! This ring will compliment my VW skull ring just nicely I think.

A few stalls up from the Polish stallholder, there was a lovely girl whose jewellery designs go by the name of Cherry Loco. She had some amazing pieces that are all designed and made by herself. I picked up a gorgeous necklace which I will blog about seperately but I can't wait to go back and visit her stall come payday! :)

Overall, I was really impressed with Sloanes Market ... situated in a lane at the bottom of Buchanan Street it has a varied array of stalls selling jewellery, clothes, sweets and art. I can't believe I have overlooked it for so long.

x

10 comments:

  1. They are both stunning, love big rings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love agate too, the pink is beautiful i need!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @J me too ... can't wait to go back and get some more :) xx

    @Holly they have the agate style in turquoise too but i don't own any pink rings so that was my justification for buying it he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ring - my paperweight at work is the same stuff and it always makes me feel a bit sorry for it that it's a dowdy paperweight when it's so pretty, a ring is a much better use for it!

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I didn't realise you were from Glasgow...so am I! I must check out this market....that ring is lovely! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both gorgeous rings! I am in LOVE with the pink one! Pink and gold is such an amazing combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sloanes market and also cherry loco, she has gorgeous stuff. I want the your big pink ring so much it looks so expensive!

    Bx

    beautyh2t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to check out this market one weekend I'm not working! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore both rings-especially the grey one! Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sloans market is fab - there's some great wee jewellery stalls. Then into Sloans for a burger... or macaroni cheese. Or both. x

    ReplyDelete