Sunday 11 July 2010

Cheek of the Week! - Mac Grand Duo

This week's cheek was thanks to MAC, in particular their grand duos mineralize blush collection.

I feel like I am the only person who purchased 'Grand Duo' from this collection, I haven't heard or seen anyone else rave about it at all. 'Love Rocks' seems to have been the favourite but it just didn't appeal. If I am going to buy something in a collection, I try and pick out items that I don't think can be duped all that easily and certainly with Grand Duo, I don't own anything else like it.

One half is a lovely warm plum shade while the marbled side is a coppery pink that perfectly compliments the plum. I was feeling a bit pale this week and this blush gave me just enough colour to warm up my otherwise pale cheeks. It is not overly pigmented but this is a bonus as it is very frosty so it is better to build it up so you don't over do it.

What you finish with is a shimmery frost over the cheeks which some don't like but when I am pale, I am happy for a bit of shimmer to help me achieve that 'glow'.

My favourite thing about this blush is how long lasting it is. I never ever have to touch it up throughout the day which is good for a lazy girl like me.

This is probably more of an autumn/winter shade for the cheeks but seeing as we are having some Winter weather this week in Glasgow while the rest of the UK enjoys a heatwave, then it is probably quite apt.

Did anyone else like Grand Duo Mineralize blush or was it just me after all?

x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is stunning!! You really have a perfect glow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty :) Can I ask what you have on your lips please darling, perfect colour :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stayed away so far ... don't let me anywhere near MAC on thursday lady! ;) ... this looks really gorgeous on you though - I'm a fan of the glowy look too.
    a x
    win the dress of your choice from www.dressrail.com exclusively with girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased it as well. Will have to dig it out. Thanks for reminding me about it, it looks lovely on you, very glowy x

    ReplyDelete