Monday 5 July 2010

Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia

Lucky old me has been given a sneak preview of Estee Lauders Autumn 2010 collection, Blue Dahlia, created by Lauder's Creative Makeup Director, Tom Pecheux.

I don't get that excited over new make up collections (sometimes) but I had already seen this gorgeous palette on Lipglossiping and Getlippie's blogs and virtually couldn't wait to get my hands on it. To some it may seem a bit of a boring palette (which is one of 2 palettes in the collection coincidentally) ... but I think it's not only an unusual colour choice but it is daringly sophisticated. I adore navy and teal on the eyes so I was lusting after this one.


Firstly, the packaging. The palette is encased in glamourous gold packaging with the Lauder logo/emblem etched on it. The casing has a mirror on the inside as do the individual Estee Lauder shadow palettes. I think every item of make up should come with a mirror attached, I really do. The only draw back to the packaging is sometimes it can be a bit sticky to open and I do worry that I will crack/break it. The palette. Urgh, in my opinion, it's just gorgeous. The shadows look and feel silky to touch.
Clockwise from top we have
A shimmering teal blue
A gorgeous mink
A smokey navy blue
A sparkly white with flecks of teal glitter
And in the centre there is a matte blackThe sparkling white is really quite something, here is a closer look where you can see the teal sparkles. I would use this to highlight the browbone and inner corner of the eyes or simply to add some sparkle over another colour.

Swatches. This is the colours in the same order as mentioned above. The white needed to be layered quite a bit to get the pigment as shown in the swatch photo but the rest of the shades applied well with good pigmenation. I especially love the teal and mink but I will endeavour to do a face of the day with this palette to show it off on the eyes.

This beautiful palette is available along with the rest of the collection featuring nail colour, glosses and gloss sticks from August 2010, in stores and online at www.esteelauder.com

x

6 comments:

  1. When can I get one? I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo this looks lovely! but i dont wear colour on my eyes really, especially not blue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tempted by this palette. EL have been releasing some gorgeous products lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gia - it will be available from August ;) x

    @ModestyBrown EL have some beautiful products at the moment, some gorgeous lip colours and glosses too that I am dying to get my hands on x

    ReplyDelete