Monday 19 July 2010

Clinique Longlast Glosswear SPF15

In my last couple of 'Cheek of the Week' posts I have been wearing a gorgeous lip colour thanks to Clinique.

I was sent a handful of products from Clinique, mostly suncare I may add, which I will test drive in Barcelona next month, however a couple of lovely cosmetics were thrown in as a little treat. One of them was the above mentioned, Clinique Longlast Glosswear SPF15 in shade Fireberry.

Now I looked at this and thought ... 'Naah, not for me'... the colour seemed a bit too autumnal at first. I thought it would age me and look a little old fashioned. Ooh, how wrong was I?

You know what they say, never judge a book by it's cover? Well, apply the same to lipgloss.
I may not like it on first appearance in the tube but on the lips it's lush. A lovely fire pink (hence the name) with subtle gold flecks. On it's own it gives a sheer but pigmented and longlasting glossy finish but also works well over your favourite lippie. My favourite combo's so far is to wear it over Rimmel Pink Pout, MAC Angel and Revlon Cappuccino.
I barely need to re-apply even after drinks and snacks. Maybe 2 touch up's at the most in a day which I think is terrific. It is suitably gloopy but not too sticky.

This gloss is £13.50 and available at clinique counters now. I definitely think this is worth the money, I have been using every day for past couple of weeks and still have loads left, if this where a MAC gloss, it would be all gone by now.

Added bonus is the SPF15. Did I ever tell you about the time I burned my lips in the sun? No? Well, it wasn't clever and it certainly wasn't pretty!! 'nuff said.

x

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour! Love glosses like this... stronger than a nude, but the fact that they are a gloss, makes them wearable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour & it suits you so well! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by Clinique's LongLast lipgloss! You're telling the truth when you say it will stay on through food and drink. That's so hard to find in a product without it being too sticky. If you like this color, you should try Juicy Apple or Kissy Fit. Those are some of my favorites! I really like your blog. Very informative and stylish! I am supposed to read other blogs for a Public Relations class assignment and have came across some pretty bland ones but I'm looking forward to reading your posts for style tips! I like that you explore topics other than just makeup alone. Good work!

    ReplyDelete