Tuesday 20 July 2010

Smokey but Subtle FOTD

As mentioned in my previous post I attended a Christening at the weekend. Being a religious and special event I still wanted to look glamorous but a little more toned down in keeping with the tone of the day.

I decided on an understated smokey eye using the following 3 eyeshadows from Estee Lauder:
From left to right: Twilight Rose; Sizzling Copper; Hot Cinammon

These shadows are positively lush. They come in matte, shimmer and metallic, all apply beautifully and are incredibly pigmented. All 3 colours I used are available at Estee Lauder counters now except for Twilight Rose which will be available in the Blue Dahlia collection which is available in August priced at £15.00.
FACE
Estee Lauder Double Wear (shade Al Fresco)
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (shade Warm Ivory)

EYES
Estee Lauder Twilight Rose all over the lid
Estee Lauder Hot Cinammon in outer v and under eye
Estee Lauder Sizzling Copper blended into the crease and under eye
MAC Shroom to highlight
Bobbi Brown gel liner in Caviar
Clarins Mascara

CHEEKS
Nars Laguna
Bobbi Brown Apricot blush

LIPS
MAC Angel

The end result was soft and subtle, perfect for daytime but could easily be transformed into an evening look by adding a little more definition using Hot Cinammon.

My standout products from this look are the eyeshadows in Hot Cinammon and Sizzling Copper as well as my fail safe MAC Angel lipstick which is such a versatile colour. I manage to go through at least 1 every few months!

What are your stand out products of the moment? Anything you can't get enough of?
x

3 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty look. I love the fact that EL has brought out a really amazing selection of eyeshadows.

    As an aside, I have Apricot blush. It's lovely isn't it. It looks a bit scary in the pan but it gives such a pretty flush on the cheeks.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was partial to an EL quad before but i really love these individual colours especially the metallics!
    Yes, apricot is my all time fave blush - love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty and so wearable! I might have to try out some Estee Lauder shadows!
    xx

    ReplyDelete