Friday 2 July 2010

Subtle smokey eye FOTD

As mentioned in yesterday's post I was at a Christening this weekend. Because of this I didn't want to go too heavy on the eyes but still wanted a smokey look that wasn't too dark or overly done up looking.

Soft and subtle was order of the day which I achieved using these 3 colours from Estee Lauder.
From left to right; Twilight Rose; Sizzling Copper; Hot Cinammon

Firstly, I should say that only Sizzling Copper and Hot Cinammon are available to buy at counters now. Twilight Rose will be launched along with the Blue Dahlia collection in August. All individual shadows are priced at£15.00.

These shadows are beautiful and come in matte, shimmer and metallic finishes. The metallic finishes are really lovely but may be a little too frosty/glittery for some.

To achieve this look, I used Twilight Rose all over the lid, a little Hot Cinammon (shimmer finish) on the outer V then I applied Sizzling Copper (metallic finish) to the crease blending well with the Hot Cinammon. I brought this underneath the eye before adding some more Hot cinammon to define and again sweeping this underneath the eye.

I used some MAC Shroom to highlight before adding Bobbi Brown gel liner in Caviar and my Clarins mascara. On the cheeks I stuck to my fail safe Nars Laguna and Bobbi Brown Apricot blush.
On my lips I went with MAC Angel. I love the soft finish of Angel, it's one of my favourite lip colours, a more muted and almost dusky pink that complements this soft, smokey look.
The shadows lasted the full day, even in the heat as we were lucky enough to catch some sun in the afternoon (after a week of bucketing rain).

I was really pleased with the result as it was soft and subtle enough for the event while still being glamorous and polished.

x

2 comments:

  1. Girlie you are STUNNING!!
    Your makeup looks divine in these pics - I want to go and copy it now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm can I just say how insanely jealous I am of how good looking you are! You look stunning! x

    ReplyDelete