Monday 28 June 2010

Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain

Warning: Taking a marker pen to your face usually has disastrous consequences ...
Take note. However, this needn't be the case with Cover Girl's outlast lipstain.

My beautiful friend Gia brought me this lipstain from Australia on a fleeting visit to the UK earlier this month.

I am not usually one to wear a lipstain, it took me long enough to start wearing lipstick having previously been a lipgloss addict but this really is very nice. Gia chose for me shade 440 Wild Berry Wink.

It has a marker pen tip for precision application which felt smooth and hydrating on the lips. There is a lovely juicy taste to this product which I can't quite put my finger on but I have to restrain myself from licking it off as soon as it's on my lips. On first impression the shade 440 looks to be quite a dark dusky pink but once on the lips it's a vibrant but wearable berry red. Gia really made a good choice for me as with my colouring it can be hard to pick a red that works well with my skintone and hair. Thumbs up, Girl!
I have heard that this product was originally designed for Cover Girl by make up artist Pat McGrath but I am not sure if there is any truth in this. I wore this on Friday night and got a good few hours out of it before it faded. Other reviews I have read have mentioned how different shades vary in longevity and pigmentation and a few have mentioned dryness to the lips and the product itself drying out quickly. Personally my lips were fine with this lipstain however if dryness became a problem it would be easy enough to apply a balm beforehand.
Only issue I have with this is I have nowhere to repurchase in the UK as far as I know. Our shelves were cleared of Cover Girl products a long time ago. I may have to talk sweetly to Gia to send me some more supplies as the shade of red seems to be a perfect match for me!
And just for kicks, here is a picture of my girl Gia (and her claw) ... wearing the lipstain. Ain't she purdy?

Anyone else a fan of lipstains? What can you recommend?

x

4 comments:

  1. ooooh love it lady - that first photo scared the bejeez out of me though :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried lipstain before,however the end result looked fantastic :)




    StopAndStareStyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to my blog, edk.dolce where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
    *Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day! Lippie looks fab on you! Quite regal! Thanks for the mention....I feel quite famous now....;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete