Thursday 24 June 2010

Real Women: My sisters story ...

Last week you may remember I brought to your attention the Essentials campaign who are looking out for real women to appear in their magazine ...

I wrote about my sister who was my inspirational real women who in times of devastation and uncertainty was able to find inner strength to carry on and move onwards and upwards. Well, i thought you might like to hear what my sister had to say about how and why she had to tackle her difficulties to get to where she is today ...

In Margarets words:

Firstly, I would like to thank my young sister for nominating me as her woman of inspiration. I am very flattered. After I read the lovely sentiments, I at first thought I must be dead then I realised it wasn't a eulogy.

By way of giving you my point of view on my life I would like to say it certainly did not turn out the way I expected. The happy family with 2.4 children did not materialize. Well the children did but it was not a pleasant experience having a bad marriage, an acrimonious divorce and a very absent father to my beautiful boys. But I had to be mum and dad and therefore had to be strong and positive for the kids. I have a strong faith that has helped me throughout my life and given me a happy and positive outlook on mine and my childrens future.

There have been many obstacles on the way but there was no point in getting down as it affects others adversely especially my sons, whom I am delighted to say have grown into strong, well-balanced adults that I am so proud of. It was lovely too for my kids to share their childhood with my young sister who with her princess tantrums and diva dramas drove them crazy. Some things never change.

My life has turned around completely, that from misfortune to having a wonderful life with my new husband of 14 years (still feels new) and we now have two amazing grandchildren. One of the funniest things is watching my young sister morph into me. Maybe she will inspire on her journey through life, which I am sure she will have already with her creativity, and be as happy as me when she gets to my age. Oh, and maybe as good looking! ;)

Calling all real women - whatever your size, shape, height, or age essentials magazine needs you! If you would like to appear in a glossy womens lifestyle magazine this is your chance to shine! Simply visit www.goodtoknow.co.uk/essentials for further details on how to enter, and follow the campaign on our Facebook and Twitter pages…we can't wait to hear from you.




1 comment:

  1. aww that's so lovely!! She is an inspiration and just shows how when life shows no hope it can be turned around with positivity and the strength to carry on through life xx

    ReplyDelete