Sunday 20 June 2010

GLAM in the City!

Yesterday I went along to GLAM in the City ... A fashion/beauty event at George Square in Glasgow.

We were greeted at the door by this unusual display ...I spent the whole event believing it was a real person underneath all those flowers, half expecting her to jump out and grab me! Durgh!

The event was a fun filled weekend of Gok Wan, Lorraine Kelly, Joe McElderry, make up, ice cream, dancing, fashion and more. In true Sex in the City style, there was even a Manhattan Lounge serving up our favourite cocktails.

We even managed to spot Gok doing a runner onto George Square to mingle with the locals but unfortunately this blogger forgot her camera and was too slow to grab her phone in time to pap him :( He does look as polished in real life as he does on TV though ... wish we could have had some bangers chat!

There were various exhibitors at the event including Benefit, Fake Bake, Rainbow Rooms International and Mackies ice cream :D ... the honeycomb ice cream is to-die-for.

My favourite exhibitor was the Famous by Sue Moxley stand.
They were offering a massive 70% off their products. I picked up a few coloured eyeliners and some brushes which look pretty good quality. I think I got them for around £2 - what a bargain!

There were makeovers and psychic readings going on at the main stage and at one interval we were treated to a dance display by the all female line up, Blok - who I have been told appeared on the BBC show 'Move like Michael Jackson'. They were fantastic and I was digging their routine so much I nearly had to be held back from joining in!
Events like GLAM are such a great idea for exhibitors and consumers. Consumers get the chance to try out new products or find out more about the faces and what goes on behind their favourite brands at a discounted rate (sometimes) and exhibitors get to showcase to a wider audience who may not otherwise be aware of their existence.

It was a lovely day out full of lovely people, informative exhibitions and great entertainment!

x

5 comments:

  1. I really wanted to go to this, but never got round to buying a ticket!

    Looked really fun though, and you had a lovely day for it! Glad you enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like it was an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab. I have a couple of bits from Famous and its pretty good for the price x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was at glam in the city on friday night and it was fabulous,got 3 free tkts from itison wesite.joe mcelderry was fab and we got to play at the roulette tables with fake dollars.the dance floor was amazin,all lit up and me and my 2 friends danced all night.pauline graham glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pauline I heard the night was amazing, sounds like you had an awesome time! Free tickets too - how fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete