Wednesday 23 June 2010

Scottish Fashion Awards: What They Wore

One of the most exciting things about being invited to the Scottish Fashion Awards was the 'sleb' spotting!

Most of the guest list would only be known to a Scottish audience but with the likes of David Gandy, Paolo Nutini, Jonathan Saunders and Amanda Wakely joining the party, it was enough to get little old me all twitchy and giggly for most of the evening.

Of course, it was at times flabbergasting to see the adornements of certain guests. This is Scotland with Style naturally, however some of the outfits left a lot to be desired. There's just no accounting for good taste.

However, this lot got my vote of approval.
Laura Whitmore of MTV fame presented the nights awards and I have to say she really did a great job. She is absolutely gorgeous and throughout the evening she made 3 wardrobe changes no less. This is Laura wearing a Graeme Black dress (fabulous Scottish Designer) but for the award ceremony itself she donned a stunning green floorlength dress which was reminiscent of the art deco fashions of The Great Gatsby.
The distinguised and drop dead gorgeous, David Gandy turned up looking immaculate. I could have wept at his feet he is just-so-beautiful. I presume he was wearing Dolce & Gabbana but who knows? He'd have been as well wearing nothing as I spent the evening undressing him with my eyes ;) ;)
Diana Vickers... I just can't take to this girl at all. Loved her on X Factor but she just doesn't capture my attention the way she did back then when she was young, naive and charming. Despite this, I loved her style choice and thought she looked fresh and chic. Now I know my mum had a pair of curtain tassels that could make me a skirt and shoe combo just like this but quite frankly it would never be as gorgeous as LCF's Flett Bertrams creation. I have to admit, burlesque and nipple tassels do it for me, except this is far less rude.Model Jade Parfitt and designer Graeme Black. Jade wore Stella McCartney ... my favourite!Finally Mr Style Icon of the Year, Paolo Nutini was apparantly wearing Giorgio Armani while his model girlfriend wore a belted maxi dress which I *think* was Amanda Wakely. If anyone can confirm or correct this let me know.

Stay tuned for what I wore!!

x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE diana's look,and yh your right,she has changed ever so much since the "X-factor days" :).Ox


    StopAndStareStyle - suggestions needed for new blog renovation plan :) all help would be much appreciated,thanks :).Ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you wear ... what did you wear ... what did you wear ... what did ...

    yup, excited ... but that possibly down to the pic of Paolo and Pants man too ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete