Thursday 17 June 2010

Batiste Shimmer

Just in time for festival season, Batiste have come up with a glitzy new concept in dry shampoo.

Last year they gave us scented and coloured dry shampoo, this year they have added shimmer to the collection.



I noticed this in Superdrug last week and dutifully tested it out there and then. There are 2 shades of shimmer available to my knowledge - Gold and Silver. I tried out the gold and it added a little bit of glamour and sparkle when the light hit my hair. I was able to get away with it during the day without looking like a Christmas Tree and even my husband liked it (on me, not him, that would be far too camp even for him!)


The gold looks great on Redheads and Brunettes, while Blondes can share in the delights of both gold and silver in equal measure.

We are not talking about big chunks of glitter here, it is literally a subtle but glamourous layering of shimmer over the hair. Perfect for disco's, festivals or just plain old blingin it up!

I'm going back to Superdrug tonight to pick up the Gold :)




x

5 comments:

  1. Ohh that sounds really nice. My local shops still don't have the colour version in, so i'm not holding out much hope of being able to find it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely...I'm such a magpie, I love a bit of sparkle. Thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen the colour versions in my local shops either :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire range is avilable to order from asos :)

    http://www.asos.com/search/pgeSearch.aspx?q=batiste

    ReplyDelete