Monday 14 June 2010

I worship at the house of ... TK MAXX

TK Maxx at the best of times can be like a massive jumble sale. But on occasion while sifting through open/used tubes of fake tan and man handled scented candles, you do come across a gem ... or two ... or three!

On my most recent trip to TK Maxx I came home chuffed as a chuffing chuff after picking up this lot for mere pennies.
As you can see this isn't a huge haul. I was pretty restrained and took home only items I knew I would definitely use.

First up - Benefit lipgloss - this just happens to be my favourite Benefit Lipgloss in the shade 'Didn't hear it from me'. It's a lovely 'nude' gloss which is great for toning down bright colours or just adding a little bit of gloss to your lips. I picked this up for a mere £5.99. I do believe it is usually £13-£14.

Here it is on naked lips ...
The next purchase was a real bargain. Nails Inc colour collection - 4 polishes for £12.99 that normally retail at £42.00! amazing.
left to right: Chester Place, Beauchamp Place, Drury Lane, Montrose Place.

In the past I have declared my dislike on this blog for Nails Inc polishes but I do find they apply and look much better on gel/acrylic nails. Since I have Gel nails for the time being I will definitely get my use of these. Particularly looking forward to trying out Drury Lane - a gorgeous coral.

My final purchase are these gorgeous Oscar de la Renta sunglasses. I have a growing collection of sunglasses but nothing beats a pair of oversized sunnies, it screams Glamour, Glamour, Glamour! I don't own any black glasses so that was the basis of my justification for this purchase. I am not sure how much these originally retail at but I got them for £12.99! Ka-ching! Oscar de la Renta for £12.99!! You don't hear that often!
Insert 'arty' (read: blurry) photos of me posing with said sunglasses ...
Who else enjoys TK Maxx-ing it?

x

10 comments:

  1. I love a bit of TK Maxxing, its best in the week when theres not loads of people. Those sunnies are gorgeoussss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous goodies, TKMaxx is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore those sunglasses!! I'm a fairly recent convert.I got some fab tights and Calvin Klein dresses plus my Valentino shoes which are my bargain of the decade :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the suunglasses :D.And ii SOO agree,ever since my cousins introduced me to that store,i have been totally hooked.I remember a few months ago i scored a DKNY JEANS cardigan for ONLY £20! and it was chashmere too,even better lol! :D

    http://stopandstarestyle.blogspot.com/

    - "get that halston heritage glow for LESS!" - latest article posted on my blog :D check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab bargains.... I need to have those sunnies oscar's for 13 quid woop woop. They look good on you chick.

    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buys, I love TK Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds in tk maxx - it can be so hit and miss sometimes!! Love the glasses they look fab on you. (Am also loving the new blog layout and header btw!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Av - Thanks Av, I have a nightmare with this blog ... i look forward to the day when I can get someone to decide something super slick for me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sunnies! They look great on you. Nice new background too.

    ReplyDelete