Sunday 10 May 2009

Curly Sue

I am having trouble styling my new shorter hair. I never seem to get the volume and when I do it requires a lot of product therefore my hair feels a bit sticky and straw-like. A while ago I picked up a cheap, slim pair of curling tongs from Sally's which I thought would be good for shorter hair so today I tried them for the first time.

To be honest, my hair just looked messy in the end. Even with shorter hair I think I need a thicker barrel on my tongs to give my locks some va-va-voom. Here are the results, what do you think?
Apologies for the vacant expression ... duurrrgh! I kinda think my hair turned into a bit of a birds nest but i still went out looking like this!!

Make-up wise, today I tried a couple of old things and a couple of new things. Here is what i wore (this look literally took me under 10 minutes)

FACE:
MAC SFF in NC 30 (old, hated this for a long time, i liked it today)
MAC Select Cover up in NW25
Illamasqua Pressed Powder
Illamasqua Blush in Excite
Barry M Natural Dazzle bronzer to contour (New ... and i liked it ... a lot!)
Nars Laguna to bronze the face

EYES:
Korres bronze all over the lid
MAC Mystery in the outer v and crease
UDPP liner in zero in water line and smudged on lashline
Diorshow Mascara

LIPS:
MAC Oak Lipliner
Barry M 101 lip paint

Make up and hair? pretty ugly or just pretty?

x

8 comments:

  1. all pretty! when i went from long to short i really struggled with curling my hair and i still do. if i get someone else to do it it looks good but can't do it myself anymore! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hair-its a bit 'bed head' like and cute. Sometimes people can do their hair too much and it looks really un nautral but this is cute-fab for a sunday and your make up looks lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty pretty - also, excite is my favourite blusher. Fact. That is all I have to say lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!
    Love the make up to xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love curls on short hair!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curls, I can't really do curls on my hair, i don't think i've got the patience haha :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww yourt hair looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty hair and makeup!! :)

    ReplyDelete