Tuesday 19 May 2009

Farewell Firenze! Warning: Slideshow Geek!!

I got back from Florence yesterday and instead of having a romantic, relaxing 5 days away it was somewhat more stressful and a bit of a struggle. Before I left I came down with a nasty little bug which in all honesty, I thought would be gone within 48 hours at least. Oh no ... it lasted the whole holiday!! I was ill on the plane going to Italy and had to go to bed as soon as we arrived at our apartment. Our apartment was great, perfect location with Miu Miu on one corner of the street and Valentino at the other corner and the Duomo just yards away. The flat itself was a mix of old and new and had quite a vintage Italian feel to it.

Out of the 5 days we managed to salvage 2 and even then they were hardgoing for me. Day 2 was especially difficult as Garrath managed to lock us out of our apartment quite late on in the evening ... there were tears and panic but we managed to get in touch with the owner who had to travel from his home in Prato (about 40 mins away) to let us back in!! We laugh about it now....!!!

We did a couple of shopping days which took real effort on my part (so unlike me) and the rest of the time was spent chilling out around the city. Unfortunately, not as many sites were taken in because of my bug so I was glad this was our second visit to Florence. Big thanks to Daisy at Cupcakes and Cherries for recommending the Pizzeria at Piazza Santo Spirito, it was amazing. It was the only meal I could eat and enjoy the whole holiday ... such a great buzz about the Piazza, thanks!!

Anyway, thought I would show you a couple of holiday snaps before I share any of my haul with you. Some of the pics, I look a bit ropey despite being packed in slap!!

A highlight of the holiday ... Jem theme tune playing in the window of Balmain! Truly, truly, truly amazing!!! ;)

The Ponte Vecchio Bridge - where Garrath proposed ... awwwwMe, trying to pose with the Ponte Vecchio in the background. This was the night we got locked out of our apartment..... after the tears! Look at my spooky double hand ...Garrath strolling through the city
Me outside Sephora where i picked up a few bits and bobs!

A girl dressed as 'A Rose Romance' in Mac at CoinIn the Roberto Cavalli Cafe My childish sense of humourScary close up of the happy - even though we don't look it - couple!!xx

9 comments:

  1. Aw - such a pretty city - you look very glam in that night-time one missy! Did you manage to get in a few cheeky non alcoholic ciders then? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! I'm so glad you enjoyed the pizza- my Mum discovered it because she lived there for a year. It's a bit of a hidden secret! I love the olives there mmm.

    Sorry you were poorly though :( As you said, at least it was your second time there. And you look gorgeous in the photos- not ill in the slightest!

    I love that your husband proposed on the Ponte Vecchio bridge- that's so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww fancy being poorly on your hols :(
    Pics look great though, you have gorgeous eyes I must say lol :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mizzworthy - i couldnt drink! Could only handle water ... was gutted was dying for a glass of vino as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that it wasn't quite as you planned...but those are some really pretty pics...;)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely stunning in all those pics if that's how you look sick your doing great!! Florence looks fab will have to pay a visit some time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pics, looks like you had a wonderful time. you don't look ill, you look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi sweetie, these are really nice pic. you don't look sick at all. you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! So sorry you were unwell during your holiday! :( What are you talking about ropey, you look gorgeous in all those pics!!

    What a beautiful place. Now I want to go to Italy even more!

    ReplyDelete