Sunday 31 May 2009

Bare Faced Chic

Summer is here!! Whoooo! I have spent 3 long sunny days in the sun this weekend which is very unusual for us up here in Scotland. Fingers and tootsies crossed that it lasts!

Like most of us, I am always searching for the perfect foundation. Recently, I have tried so many that my skin is starting to punish me and I am having quite a few outbreaks. I like a full coverage, I like to hide my freckles, even though I get told off for this constantly. However, in the Summer heat, I have finally realised a heavy foundation is just too much and whether I like it or not I need to unleash the freckles.

Firstly, you should know this - I don't do tinted moisturiser.

I tried this years ago and it just didn't do enough for me. My face felt completely naked and it didn't compliment my other make up very well. This is why I always stick to foundation even in warm weather.

A few months ago whilst browsing in Superdrug, I came across ME ME ME Radiant Minerals Natural Illumination Foundation which they say will 'Even out skin tone & improve skins clarity'. They can make this statement as being a liquid mineral foundation it contains mineral pigments which are kinder to your skin allowing it to breathe and enhance its own natural luminosity. All this all for around £6-£7. This can never be a bad thing.
In honesty, I bought this foundation as a bit of a brand experiment, I never thought it would deliver the results I longed for. Wow, was I surprised?! It really did make my skin luminous and dewy with a lovely sheen that literally made me 'glow', not in an oily, chip pan kind of way ... but in a radiant kind of way - just like it says on the bottle! Yes, you could see my freckles, was I bothered? No. My skin simply felt lovely and although sheer it made the skin appear flawless. In my opinion, this is what a tinted moisturiser should be.

You can see me wearing it here. Word of warning, concealer is still a definite must with this foundation but then I never go anywhere without my concealer so this isn't an issue for me. As for the staying power, I wore this today while out sunning it in the park and I would say it still looks pretty reasonable at the end of the day. I like that I am doing my skin a bit of a favour by using something lighter while still brightening my complexion.

For the price, I would definitely recommend this for a cheap, light summertime coverage.

x

5 comments:

  1. I love discovering drugstore stuff (Barry M mascara anyone?) that beats the pants off high end - your skin looks great in the picture, and this looks like a great cheap one for summer! Does it last well on the skin?

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the hunt as well for a lighter foundation for the summer. Sadly we don't get this brand in Canada. I'm currently trying Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - so far so good! Good coverage, doesn't feel like a mask. I'm intrigued by Dior Nude foundation and Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer.Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stick a lot to minerals in the summer as they're much lighter. I haven't been impressed with anything from ME ME ME yet but I might go and look to see if they have anything light enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL You definitely don't want the oily chip pan look...! It looks amazing, definitely value for money :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mizzworthy I wore it to work today and by the end of the day it certainly wasn't perfect but it held up pretty well considering the heat in my office. I wouldn't say its a wonder product but just really good for the price! xx

    @Sirvinya I agree nothing much has impressed me from ME ME ME, I have bought the shimmey shimmers and some lipglosses and never use them, in fact I think I bought this around the same time but had never experimented with it properly until now x

    @dressjunkie ... yes chip pan was soooo last season! I always get shocked when something cheaper does a good job ... i am thankfully getting rid of my make up snootiness!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete