Sunday 10 May 2009

Matalan Haul and new Make-up storage

Today I popped into Matalan to have a look at their shoes. Marie from Marie-loves had picked up a pair of orange Christian Louboutin copies so I thought I would try and get my hands on a pair. Unfortunately they had none, I'm guessing everyone caught on to this before I did and snapped them up el pronto!

So while I browsed the rest of what was to offer, my husband wandered off and stumbled across a real find! He even used the words 'make-up storage' when he came rushing back asking me to come look! He really is well trained ;)

He had been looking at the Colin and Justin range at Matalan and found an ideal set of drawers in a pale grey colour - matches our room perfectly! Not only this the range was on a 3 for 2 offer. The drawers cost £35 so in the end i bought 2 sets of drawers and a big storage box. Probably a bit pricey in the end but I have been needing a solution like this for a while and have no dressing table in my room.
I have already filled up the drawers, but have literally thrown everything in so it still looks a bit of a mess. The big box will be used for hairdryers, straighteners, tongs, rollers and some styling products. Before I bought this storage I was using individual boxes for everything and stored them under my bed which was a bit of a pain so hopefully this will be a lot better.

So, back to the rest of the haul. I love stripes but I wasn't really digging the nautical look but looks like I have had a change of heart as the first 2 items purchased were these 2 D&G inspired nautical t-shirt(£10) and vest(£8).
Next up ... these multi-colour snakeskin flat gladiator sandals. I am sure these area copy of something but cannot think who ... am i right? Can someone remind me?I went into Kurt Geiger later in the day and they had very similar sandals for about £75 ... these were only £12!! bargain.

Finally I picked up a few bits and bobs of jewellery but I will just show you my favourite. These swallow earrings. So cute ... and only £3! I believe Juicy Couture do a similar version.So what do you think of my make up storage and bargains?
x

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE those glads!!! Great haul x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I need a set of those drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love the shoes and earrings!! and drawers look great, when you gonna show us what's in them? (makeup wise!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool storage! Love the stripes and the sandals! I have those earrings did you buy them in topshop??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hele, well you know, i was going to as i did take some pics but it just looked a complete mess and i have a feeling that won't change!! lol x

    @Sirvinya they are great, drawers inside are a good size! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything!! I think a trip to Matalan is in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Av no the earrings were from Matallan as well ... everything Matallan bargains! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw those glads in a magazine yesterday. LOVE THEM. The matalan near to me would never have them in, might have to stalk the website.
    cracking finds!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice boxes, funky stuff, fab shoes and
    I'm not at all surprised ur hub likes Justin & Collin! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Natalia actually nearly peeing myself laughing at that comment!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those storage drawers look great - I will have to be looking at them next time I go to Matalan! Also - I love those glads! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww Matalan Rocks! Such a shame that there are none of my orange babies left!

    Love the storage, the glads and the earrings - Matalan is great for a billy bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The storage boxes are great! Plenty of space for make-up :) I haven't been to Matalan before so will have to see what its like x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOD - the Colin and Justin stuff is AWESOME!!!! I got the flower bedding and I also got two of those draws as bedside tables!!! June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Matalan designs from C and J. I LOVE LOVE LOVE grey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty earrings :)

    Totally jealous of your new storage!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the storage drawers. I have similar earrings from H&M too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love c and j's stuff. i got the lot! Matalan has come a long way

    ReplyDelete