Thursday 28 May 2009

Holding back the years ...

... Ok so that make me sound like some warped Mick Hucknall lover ... but really I'm not ... honest!

This week in the news we read about the story of a young girl who was gifted with Botox for her 18th from her very own Mother! In her own words, she said she couldn't 'think of anything worse than looking old'.

Well, I agree with that... but I am 28 and age is catching up with me at a faster pace than I ever thought imaginable. At 18 I would never have dreamed of the concept of going through any kind of procedure to maintain my youthful looks and 10 years on I am glad to say I still feel the same. However, ask me in another 5 years time and I probably will have changed my mind!!

That said, I haven't been totally oblivious to the fact that as each day passes another little line starts to surface from the depths of my skin. I have always been on the lookout for anti-wrinkle serums but up until now the furthest I got was the Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect range. That is until I was sent this:
Its the PRIORI Coffeeberry Natureceuticals Day Complex - woah that's a bit of a mouthful!

This light cream is said to provide superb anti-ageing benefits; fighting free radicals, reducing fine lines and wrinkles as well as brightening the skin. Well, I couldn't resist, it was selling itself already! It contains 98.5% nautural ingredients infused with sunflower seed oil, avocado oil, argan oil, beeswax and shea butter... thats a lot of oil! It also contains Pomegranate and Grape Seed extracts as well as aloe vera extract to calm and soothe the skin. I won't go too much into the scientific stuff but it also contains Silica which is said to be light diffusing, thus drawing attention away from imperfections and wrinkles. Ok, so it isn't quite blitzing those ridges, instead it helps give the illusion they are not there. I can live with that ... for now.

I have been using this cream for just over a week now and I can honestly say I can see some sort of difference. The formulation is very light but only a couple of pumps are required. There is a definite Vanilla scent to this product but with clear undertones of the coffee berry. I put this on first thing in the morning before my make up routine... the first thing I notice when i apply it is the refreshing tingle all over my face, it feels like it is literally waking up my skin. I don't care for the smell too much but once my make up is on I would never notice it so this isn't a problem for me. It dries pretty quickly and I instantly notice a lovely glowy sheen to my face. Don't worry this doesn't show through your make up.

My skin has been going through a pretty bad phase just now with lots of little spots but using this seems to have reduced them or somehow magicially 'hidden' them. Another thing this product boasts is one of its celebrity fans, Michelle Trachtenberg of Gossip Girl (Georgina), however, I think I put her youthful skin and looks down to her .... well, youth!! The only downside to this product is the price, £54.85 but I guess it is a reasonably sized tube and a little goes a long way. This can be purchased at www.cosmestore.co.uk.

So far, this is a winner for me but I guess after a week it's still hard to tell. I will continue to use this product and keep you posted on the results.

x

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great - keep us posted about how well it works! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is it? Did the company send it to you to roadtest?

    I'm getting more paranoid about ageing than I ever have before. It's ridiculous, I'm only 27!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yinka Sorry Yinka, it is £54.85 I forgot to mention it, have now included in the post. I was sent it to review but quite liking it although im nor sure it is really getting rid of any lines, just masking them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hon..looking fwd to the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 28!?!?! NOOO WAY! I thought you were my age! (20!) this product sounds good but too expensive for me :( x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly Nicola, Kirsten you don't need anti ageing formulas you look so gorgeous and young, really, and I've seen you in the flesh too!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great brand...they are nuts about coffeeberry ingredient in the states. Ageing? It's gonna happen, but how to do it well? That's the question! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nicola You have made my day!! Seriously!! ha ha thank you! xxx

    @Holly Thank you lovely! again, made my day ;) xx

    @BritishBeautyBlogger Exactly, how to grow old with grace that is the question!? xx

    ReplyDelete