Wednesday 6 May 2009

My Top 10 Products of the Week

This week I have found myself reaching for the same products over and over again so thought I would share them with you and why I'm loving them.

1. Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation
When i first bought this I absolutely loved it, then i hated it, then i thought it was ok again and now I am back to loving it. This past week it has become my everyday go to foundation. It gives me a fresh, luminous, natural glow to the skin. This will be coming with me to Italy next week ... even in the sun, I still wear a full face of foundation ... kinda bad, i know!

2. Mac Plushglass in Ample Pink
I know not everyone is a fan of the plushglass but I really like it. Ample pink creates a really warm sultry nude lip. I do find it hard to wear nude shades on the lips, especially anything too pinky or very cool but this is much warmer and as it's a gloss it instantly gives the illusion of fullness to the lips. I usually wear this with oak lipliner.

3. Lancome Hypnose Mascara
This week my beloved Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara dried up and with a holiday coming up next week I don't want to spend money replacing .... I could have sobbed like a baby! My lashes are a poor show just now, I pulled half of them out by accident so have big gaps in between and more often than not I have been using falsies to help my eyes look semi-presentable! I have a box choc-full of mascaras but none of them perform like Chanel. However, Lancome Hypnose which I didn't rate too highly in the past has come up trumps. It really is creating the illusion that I have longer, thicker and multiple lashes than what is actually there. Always a winner!

4. Illamasqua Nail Polish in Whack
I adore Illamasqua nail polishes. They are pricey at around £12 i believe but you just cannot beat the colour pay off and longevity of this product. Literally one coat is all that is needed and you have a full thick coverage that lasts a week or more without chipping! I am loving the shade Whack at the moment, its like an acid coral/orange, looks great with a tan and I love seeing my tootsies peep through my sandals when i am wearing this. Love.

5. Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot
I bought this blush just over a year ago from the lovely Sian who now works at Illamasqua. I originally bought this to wear on my wedding day but its such a pretty colour I find myself reaching for it all the time. Its a gorgeous warm pinky apricot shade. I have been wearing it most days to work, it's another product that rarely needs a touch up, the colour payoff is great.

6. Mac Deep Truth
I have had this shadow for such a long time and hadn't touched it until the weekend. Hate when i do that! Its a frost finish and is a dark blue shade, verging on navy. I wore this with all that glitters over the lid, a tiny bit of woodwinked then deep truth in the outer v and under the lower lashline. It gave a smoky, sultry effect and with a little Nars china blue added for depth it really looked 'wow'! I now need to figure out the perfect blush and lip combo to go.

7. The Body Shop Yes Yes Yes! Lip Butter
This has been doing the rounds for a while now but its pretty hard to beat. I apply it every night before bed but also apply it throughout the day to keep my lips feeling moisturised and smooth. Today, i wore it over Mac Impassioned lippy to help tone it down while i was at work and it looked great! The texture of this lip butter is just lovely too and tastes so good its hard not to lick it off instantly!

8. Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm
I have been using Darphin products for a couple of years but every now and then I take a break from them so my skin doesn't get too used to it. However, my skin has been playing up a bit recently so thought it was best to go back to my old faithful. Purifying balm is an overnight treatment which is said to restore radiance to the skin and helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles. Since using this again, my skin is looking re-hydrated and a lot smoother than it has been. Any little spots have started to fade and dryness is disappearing. A little of this product goes a long way, just rub it in your fingertips and smooth on the skin, lush! Go Darphin!

9. Impulse body spray in New York, London or Paris
This one is really very embarrassing. I hadn't really used Impulse since I was about 14 but I noticed these a couple of months ago in Superdrug, I think they may be new fragrances or even a limited edition, i'm not sure. They really smell gorgeous and not at all cheap like how i remembered them.

10. Sunbrushed
Finally, I have just stocked up again with my Sunbrushed faux tan. I love this stuff, so easy to apply, dries quickly and smells pretty ok for a fake tan! I feel slimmer and more confident when wearing this, it beats any other for me, hands down! I will be taking this to Italy with me next week so that I can pretend I am naturally sunkissed and glowing he he!

So thats my top 10, I'm sure I could go on but I would be here all night.
What are your top products this week?

xx

5 comments:

  1. I love top anythings list. This is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I have pro lumiere and am currently in the hate stage - this has amde me wanna give it another go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love the Yes! Yes! Yes! Lip butter too! It's defin. a keeper!!! For me this week it's been Silver (Purple) Shampoo, it takes any blonde brassiness right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of sunbrushed - where is this from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @happy1234 Sunbrushed is an American brand but there are some uk retailers. My friend is a rep and sells it to some beauty salons in my area and last i heard there were a couple down south but not sure of exact location. Sometimes get on ebay too.
    I wrote about it here too http://saskiathesalsafairy.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunbrushed

    ReplyDelete