Tuesday 19 May 2009

Nails Inc

Hey guys, guess who's back?!

Lots to update you on from Florence but while I am waiting on my camera battery charging I thought I would do a quick review of Nails Inc polishes.

I own 3 Nails Inc polishes; South Molton Street, Tate and In Style Coral. Two were free from a magazine, the other my sister passed on to me ... she probably got this free from a magazine too. Well thank goodness for that!! If I ever paid £10.50 for one of these polishes I would be running back to the shop the next day to demand a refund! I hate them.
The first polish I tried was South Molton Street. The colour was icky and gloopy on my nails and did not give a good finish at all. At the time I thought this was because it was a pale, neutral colour whereas I am used to darker colours on my nails so I didn't think too much about it.

Next up was Tate. I tried this just last month for the first time. Let me start this on a positive note ... I love the colour of Tate, its a lovely berry red shade that is not too bright nor too dark. However, it took me 3 coats until the colour was evenly distributed on each nail. It took an age to dry and the overall finish looked messy.

Last week, I bought In Style magazine, purely for the free Nails Inc polish in In Style Coral. I chose this as my holiday polish and jetted it off to Florence with me. Again, it took at least 3 coats before i seen any colour pay off and even then it was still streaky, gloopy and a messy finish. It took ages to dry and had chipped within 24 hours! I wouldn't have minded so much but even the magazine that it came with wasn't that good!!

Overall, i think the finish of these polishes look cheap and they are of very bad quality. Chipping within hours of application is a big no no for a polish that costs over £10! For anyone who has not tried these then i do not recommend at all. For anyone who is a fan ... is there something I am doing wrong?

Anyone looking into buying Nails Inc, I would suggest you stick to the cheap and cheerful Barry M who really gives Nails Inc a run for their money!

x

14 comments:

  1. I agree, I got the red shade in in style, and it's pants for the same reasons! I haven't got past the first few pages of instyle either! - I ended up ditching it for my trusty Look (cheap and cheerful) magazine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree actually - the only stuff I have from nails inc that I like id the top coat and base coat, but I've noticed my nails have been peeling since I started using it all the time, which has never happened before... Barry M nail paints are much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried it yet, but was sucked in by that coral colour too, looked so promising! The magazine is totally rubbish though, that is very true! :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the coral one and it was totally opposite for me :| I only needed one coat and the colour glided one and didnt chip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm not the only one, that magazine isn't the greatest, what a bore and I bought 2 purely for the polish. Both of which are my first ever Nails Inc, I could never bring myself to spend £11 on nail varnish, if I'm honest I really like the nude colour I got and is nice but personally I'm saving the pennies and sticking to Mavala, Barry M and Chinaglaze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm...That totally sucks!! To have to pay so much to get rubbish...eep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree! I have the coral and took picture of the mess it created of my nails so i could do a post on it tomorrow!Do you think they maybe cheapen the quality when theyre giving it away wit a magazine? I cant imagine anyone would pay £10.50 for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no, i really like nails inc and have loads! i like how creamy they are, gives a nice glossy finish. try them over a matte base coat or over a ridge filler, makes them much easier to apply. c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, i really don't like Nails Inc polish either, i don't get the hype. If you want to splash out on one get a Chanel one as mine has been on for 3 days, no chips and stil going strong. I love Barry M too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one to dislkie these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really odd - I got the coral shade with InStyle aswell and tried it today. I put one coat on (medium - not too thick or thin) and they were pigmented enough to not need another coat. So far they haven't chipped but to be fair I am on holiday lounging away so we'll see how they are when I get home. I agree with not paying the money though, I refuse to pay more than a fiver for varnishes - I find Barry M and Rimmel much better than my Chanels, Mac or Nails Inc colours.

    Also check out GOSH's nailvarnishes - they are my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In Style Coral looks like a pretty colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with you. I was shocked when I PAID for the Coral one and tried it out. It was so streaky and I just couldn't get an even finish. They're a waste of money and I was so annoyed that I just didn't get a cheaper brand that I know will perform well. The only expensive brand I have that I think is worth it is O.P.I.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really surprised to hear this...I have about 20 Nails Inc polishes and I love them. Generally a base coat, 2 coats of colour (occasionally 3) and then a good top coat and they last for a good few days.

    ReplyDelete