Tuesday 26 May 2009

Festival Glam - Part 3

I haven't got round to doing a festival post for a few weeks now. I had lots of ideas on make up as I want to simplify my make up routine as much as possible without scrimping on 'glam'. Anyway, I got sidetracked on this when I started thinking 'what the heck am i gonna wear????'

Whenever I have been to festivals in the past I have always been really impressed with the togs on show and how some girls manage to look so effortlessly chic while covered in mud and swigging from a can of lager! sweet. Despite the fact I am camping I am not going to stress myself out too much about having a capsule wardrobe for the weekend. I want to look and feel good and if that means taking way too many clothes with me - then so be it.

I was messing about on Polyvore earlier and have come up with a few looks that are all pretty simple and easy. Some are casual, others a little more feminine and floaty. I will be using these for my own inspiration when shopping for festival gladrags!


This is my favourite of the looks, the floaty dress with obi belt and cowboy boots. The aviators realy add a bit of sass to it!

Festival Fashion 1

This is a great look, so cute and effortless. Anyone can pull this look off and it's super comfy too for all the jumping around and dancing!

Festival Fashion 4

This is a little bit Ms Kate Moss if I do say so myself but no-one can deny that she is a winner at festival chic! She always looks effortlessly stylish. I am not sure if i could flash my tree trunks in hotpants so I have mixed this up with skinny jeans.

Festival Fashion 2
Festival Fashion 2 by saskiathesalsafairy featuring Anthropologie accessories

This is such a quirky little look with an oversized hooded dress, bare legs and some patterned wellies. Team with raybans and you are ready to rock!


Another look with an oversized jumper, this time with shorter boots and an Alexander McQueen scarf. So Rock Chic!

Festival Fashion 3

Finally I have a cute, girly set. This dress looks so comfortable and easy to wear, who says you can't be girly and roll around in the mud?!

You will notice all these looks feature sensible footwear that cover the whole of the foot. I am taking no chances that it may rain and I certainly don't want muddy tootsies!! Accessories play a big part in all my outfits, they can change up a look so easily.

I hope these sets have been of some inspiration to you xx

12 comments:

  1. Love them! No. 2 is my favourite, I have to have that tshirt!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve them all, one for each day and night! OUtfit 3 is a winner though, well done! great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first one festival fashion number 6! Where is that dress from its gorgeous??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one and the last one, i can't get enough of pretty dresses. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last one is my fave, I'm a sucker for floral dresses :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! They all look great for rocking out - you will give moss and co a run for their money lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would prob wear two or three, back in SA we have loads of those festivals (well more like trance parties) and i usualy wear wellies or boots with a skirt and shorts cute tee etc and then maybe throw in some fairy wings or something silly for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love 2 and 3 but i'm a sucker for shorts
    i don't own any.. but thats a different matter
    lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i tagged ye on me blog hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice combo's - I like No2 especially! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't look at Polyvore if I do I'll never get off! So I will use yours for inspiration instead!!

    ReplyDelete