Saturday 9 May 2009

NOTD - neon pink nails

I have been looking for a really neon pink nail polish for quite a long time now. I have bought a few but they are never as bright as I would like. You might have already caught on that Illamasqua nail polishes are my top choice just now and in this case it is no different.

I present to you 'Collide'The picture really doesn't show the vibrancy of this colour at all, it is much brighter! I am sitting in quite a badly lit room right now and looking at my nails they could almost be glow in the dark they are so vivid! I love. This will be fab with a tan, at the moment I am completely tanless as I am buffing up the skin for a fake tan extravaganza on Monday ... just on time for my trip to Italy!

Here are the other polishes I had tried before I finally found the ultimate in lumo! From left to right: Illamasqua Collide; Barry M Shocking Pink; Gosh Pink Lady; Gosh Flamingo

Barry M's shocking pink has been used the most as my neon alternative however as the bottle says its more shocking that neon. Gosh's pink lady also seemed hopeful but once on the nails a while the colour seemed to dull down but it is still a lovely pink. Gosh Flamingo verges on the lilac side but I would say this is a good option of a bright pink for anyone who shies away from colour.

9 comments:

  1. Nice colour! I know you have found the Illamasqua now but Barry M have a bright pink that i have which is very bright and looks brighter than the shocking pink does and they also have a neon pink which i havnt seen but i assume is the kind you are looking for. Sometimes they dont have them instore though and you have to look online for the full range of colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lipsandlashes thanks for letting me know that will need to have a look online in future. your right they dont always have all the colours instore x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO they are all gorgeous. Really think i need to try illamasqua! what do you think i should get as a first few products?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh like it! hopefully there will time for illa when in london. Your spelling in this post was atrocious though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Olivia oooh there are just so many good things! The blushes are lovely, pigmentation is great ... i have 'unrequited' baby pink and 'excite' coral/orange. I think they are probably a good starting point as you get to try out the colours they have on offer. Lipglosses are lovely too!

    @Natalia I should have known you would have caught me out on that ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another Illamasqua goodie! The love goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Barry M Neon Pink nail polish, it looks alot like the illamaqua one you have on. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stargazer has a neon pink as well. I've got their neon green and it's very bright! I can't wait to try Illamasqua, hopefully I'll actually be able to get near the counter when I go this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been after a 'proper' neon pink nail paint for ages too but have been trouble finding one bright enough so I'm sooo glad you posted pics of this Illamasqua one! It's difficult with their site cos the swatches are so 'off' - I never would have thought 'collide' was this colour looking at the pic on the site! Anyway, I'm SO getting it when it comes back in stock, hope I don't have to wait too long :(

    ReplyDelete