Saturday 10 April 2010

Big Eyes - Eyeko Mascara

I had heard about this mascara a while ago but had never thought to try it out myself. As it goes I try and steer clear of drugstore mascaras but I am slowly changing my mind about them.

Eyeko actually sent this to me to try out as I am still fairly new to the brand.

Eyeko claim this mascara will give you long & luscious lashes in 1 easy squeeze. Hence the silver tube packaging - much like a toothpaste tube. It's formula combining natural oils and silicones with added Panthenol (Vitamin B) and is designed to prevent dryness, premature breakage and to promote lash growth. The brush has widely dispersed bristles for evenly coated perfectly separated long lashes.
The tube you will agree is very cute and I love the manga girl with her gorgeous big eyes and lashes.
The wand is quite narrow and the bristles are widely dispersed. I find the wand a little stiff and because of it's shape seems a little difficult to manoeuvre round my lashes. I have to agree with eyeko though, this mascara does create long, luscious looking lashes. I was pleasantly surprised with the pigmentation and how dark my lashes were after one coat. It certainly made my lashes appear longer and thicker which I was pleased about.

As for preventing dryness, by the end of the day my lashes feel a little heavy and caked but this could be a result of my own over application. The other downside to this mascara is the wand for me ... I can't seem to avoid getting the product all over my eyelids so I get a messy finish.

Overall, I really like this mascara and would recommend it - I will certainly getting my use out of it but will need to keep the cotton buds at the ready to clean up the overspill. On the eyeko website it retails at £8. You can also find Eyeko at Superdrug in the UK.

Anyone else like this mascara?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment