Thursday 8 April 2010

Jessica Simpson - Au Naturale?

Jessica Simpson on the cover of Marie Claire this month is apparently sans make up or airbrushing.

I love how brave she has been to do this, I mean I don't even put the bins out without mascara and a touch of concealer under my eyes!

Do I think it's for realz?

Well, her skintone does look pretty even especially in comparison to the image below. Without doubt she is a naturally very pretty girl but is that a hint of blush I see? Hmmm and a smidgen of concealer? Or is it just very clever lighting?
Whatever the case, good on her, she looks gorgeous and real and even looks like she could be one of our mates. It's sending a positive message out that perfection on the pages of a magazine isn't always as it seems.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. It looks like she is deffo wearing something to even her skin out and I'd also guess that there's a bit of concealer on too.

    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd her eyes look a bit too good to be true as well.

    I don't really trust mags when they say stuff like that, there must be SOMETHING she's got on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite skeptical too - ok, maybe she's not wearing mascara or brow pencil, but they could have been dyed or tinted or something like that, right? And it wouldn't be called make-up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I think she is wearing a tinted moisturiser or something to even out her skintone, a bit of blush and maybe some clear mascara or at least some brown eyeshadow very close to the lashes for definition. Fair dues to her for going ALMOST makeup free though, she's braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighting in a pro photo shoot will have no doubt worked wonders to make her skin look better - I do feel she is possibly either wearing mascara or has her lashes dyed though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she may have not worn makeup for the shoot, but there's been some clever editing. The lighting has obviously been made as flattering as possible, but look at her eyebrows...not one stray hair, and I always find people generally don't have 100% perfect skin on their chests, as hers is, so maybe a little photoshop went on. I think the blush would have been photoshopped on aswell.

    ReplyDelete