Thursday 15 April 2010

How to Survive theOutnet sale!

Tomorrow is the big £1 theOutnet sale extravaganza!

In preparation, all those who have RSVP'd will have received an email with their 5 tips for shopping smart in the sale.

Well, with that in mind check out Saskia's tips for surviving theOutnet sale:

1. Plan Ahead
Pick your favourite item, then pick a back up, now pick a back up of the back up, now pick yet another back up, and another ... follow this process until you are confident you have a goal if your first, second, third choice sells out too fast!

2. Throw the first punch!
There is no time for hair pulling or physically fighting your way to your desired purchase so as soon as you've seen it, don't deliberate over it - it's only £1 for crying out loud so get it in the shopping bag, get to the checkout and BUY BUY BUY!!

3. Check your emails!
Stay glued to your PC/laptop - no toilet breaks, no refreshments, no leaving work early, no making the bed, no nipping to the shops - don't miss out! Refresh your emails every 5 minutes, no, seconds! you don't know when this baby might strike! As soon as that email lands in your inbox, make sure theOutnet is bookmarked and easy to access.

4. Get training!
Practise with your trigger finger, you don't want to lose out because of an unfit mouse clicker!

5. Buy a bottle of wine and a tub of ice cream
Wine for the Win and ice cream if you lose. It's inevitable that some of us will miss out for one reason or another so I recommend a tub of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food in this situation oh and to hell with it, down it with the bottle of wine - nothing like drowning your sorrows!


Hopefully in 24 hours, we will all be smiling and sharing news on our goodies!

Good Luck!

x

10 comments:

  1. I've picked out a few things I like but don't feel very optimistic at all! Hope you get something nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Becky thats where the ben&jerry's come in handy lol! I have meetings most of tomorrow so if it happens in the morning there is a good chance I will miss it! oh well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya thanks for letting us know about this. i am confused about when i should start checking my emails should i stay up late? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt think the items were up yet? Is it just all the items on the site?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has a hearing test at the hospital at 1pm tommorow, I actually considered changing it haha (she is only having the test because I had hearing problems not because she's poorly) but I didn't and I bet it starts whilst I'm there x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kiddie26 I wouldn't stay up late, hopefully it will happen at some point during the morning or afternoon so just keep an eye out for an email coming in.

    @Glitter and Love I am pretty sure the £1 items will be from a selection of what is on the site already. In their words, thousands of items will be reduced to £1 so it might not be everything on the sight but it should be a selection from whats already there. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jen Oh no! Well I have meetings so we are in the same boat. Maybe it will happen in the morning... if it doesn't remember the wine and ice cream ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is taking me out for italian and Alice is with the grandparents so I will drown my sorrows in wine and italian food! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was only allowed one item per person?!!!!OMG

    ReplyDelete
  10. tried to get on the website for an hour this morning after the e-mail, student = got the time and all gone now :( how did all of you get on

    ReplyDelete