Sunday 25 April 2010

Cheek of the week - Kiko Cosmetics

I was in Barcelona in December and came across a brand called Kiko. It had it's own stand alone store with a fantastic variety of both cosmetics and skincare at very affordable prices.

I bought quite a few products on my visit, some with varying levels of quality. As a brand it is probably comparable price wise to the likes of Barry M and Sleek but with regards to quality of packaging, there is a Nars-esque feel to it with the rubberised black compact ... which we all know gets filthy after a few uses. My favourite and by far the best product is this lovely powder blush in shade 105 - Dark Coral. I would have described this as more of a dusky pink so was surprised to see online it was actually coral. It is highly pigmented and extremely longwearing lasting the full day without touch up. It gives a lovely healthy flush to the cheeks.

Kiko prides itself in its Italian roots and is so far available online only to Italian customers but they do have stores in Italy, Germany and Spain. I am hoping one day they will arrive on UK shores as it is so affordable. From memory the blush was around 5 euros. The store itself reminded me of Mac, although the MUA's on the floor were a lot more attentive and helpful. Nothing was too much bother and they happily allow you to swatch the products to your hearts content without too much pestering for a sale.

Kiko not only had a good selection of cosmetics but the skincare line for both men and women is great, my husband loves one of their moisturisers and is hoping he can find a store on his travels to stock up!

So, that was my cheek of the week ... I will also share my other Kiko products that I rate in the future.

Anyone else tried Kiko, what are your thoughts?

x

8 comments:

  1. That gives such a pretty "flushed" look. And awesome that the hubs is into the brand too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks sweet :)
    and i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SweetTea I know having the mens line means you can have a 'his&hers' he he xx

    @Lisanne Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! That gives you such a nice glow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vexinthecity Thanks! :) Would love to get my hands on more Kiko blushes xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the blush really suits you and its a lovely colour! what lipstick are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous Thank you - the lipstick is MAC Angel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Saski, Kiko has opened a store in Westfield Stratford, just in case you've run out of that moisturiser, Lynsey x lynarena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete